Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Spotted: CVS Gel Polish Remover Wraps

I always get a kick out of it when things known in the beauty blog community go "mainstream." Yesterday, longtime reader Tammie shared this with me:

image credit: Tammie for Nouveau Cheap
CVS Gel Polish Remover Wraps
(retail: $8.49 for a set of 30 at CVS)

Ring a bell to anyone? Yep, The Foil Method has gone mainstream! These new CVS Gel Polish Remover Wraps are little squares of foil with built-in cotton attached to the inside. According to the package, you have to add your own acetone. In other words, they're pre-made Foil Method wraps! 

Foil Method users: if you don't want to mess with the prep-work the next time you're removing your glitter polishes, you  always have these...

Thanks so much, Tammie, for sharing this with us! 
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. They have these at Ulta too from whatever the main brand they sell in the gel polish section. They're great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes 8.49! I'll probably just keep doing them myself. Lot cheaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was going to buy them until I scanned them and saw the price lol

      Delete
  3. These are neat, but seem kinda expensive, don't you guys think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waay too much! Cotton squares are 3 bucks for a hundred or so and store brand foil is around 3 dollars for 75 yards. I think I'll stick to homemade!

      Delete
  4. Set of 30 for $8.49, more with tax. Yeaaaaah, I'll just grab the foil from the kitchen and the cotton balls from my bathroom! I don't have super bad issues with removing glitter, but I will admit: it's a pain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...homemade for me until they go on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats ridiculous...the price. I will stick to making my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally wanted these until I saw the price. I bought the Up and Up Remover so am good to go. When I take off gel polish I use a piece cotton ball soaked in acetone the I stick little rubber fingertips on...the kind that people use when they have to sort things. Plus they are reusable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You basically paying almost $9 for tin foil *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig