Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 7, 2013

NEW Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair CC Cream SPF18

I just noticed that both Target and Ulta have the new Yes To Grapefruit CC Cream on their sites now (it's available for purchase online at Ulta but only in stores at Target as of the time of this post). Take a look:

image source: target.com
NEW Yes to Grapefruit Correct & Repair CC Cream SPF18
(retail: $15.99, 1.7 oz)

This product comes in two shades: Light and Medium. From the Ulta website:

Formulated with Evodia Fruit to help increase skin luminosity and even skin tone plus Grapefruit Extract to promote healthy, smoother and softer looking skin. Brightening CC Cream evens skin tone, reduces redness and appearance of fine lines, provides moisture without clogging pores and SPF broad spectrum protection.

Ingredients:

Active: Zinc Oxide 3.2% Titanium Dioxide 2.9%. Inactive: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Propanediol, Coco-Glucoside, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract*, Moringa oleifera seed oil, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Phenethyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, , Glyceryl Isostearate, Hydrated Silica, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum*, Disodium Carboxyethyl Siliconate, Citric Acid, Limonene, Aluminum Hydroxide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Trihydroxystearin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Potassium Hydroxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. *Certified Organic Ingredient.

Are you a Yes To fan? Do you think you'll give this new CC cream a shot? I wish there was a Deep option for those with deeper skintones, but one or two shade options seems to be a trend with US BB and CC creams...
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I hate the trend toward very few shades myself. Even if a company manages to include dark-skinned people, there's a lot more to shade-matching for skintone than how light or dark the product is, and the pros who actually make the stuff should know that! (And for some reason a lot of the products that come in very few shades are too warm-toned for me. I have definite pink undertones, and even a lot of supposedly neutral products make me look yellow.)

    That said, I'm super hopeful about this one, because I LOVE the Yes to Grapefruit moisturizer; it's brightening without being shimmery and I like the way it makes my skin look so much that I often don't bother putting anything with any color on over it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I would have tried this if there were more shades available!

    xoxo, Aman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got these in at work. I haven't really looked at them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. G, I'd love to see a review on this! I really want to try it but don't have the money to spend on a product that isn't so great. Target doesn't have the best return policy and ordering online isn't an option for me as of right now. I wonder if this helps with aging. I'm only 22 and have quite a few wrinkles already from stress and depression. I've seen 30 yr olds with smoother skin than myself. It just makes me more depressed lol. Definitely need to start taking care of my skin, but I don't know what products are good for that. If you have any recommendations I'd love to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, I'm confused...the bottle says, "light-medium" but are they also available in "light" and "medium"? Even with these three possible options, there's so much experiementation for me. I will hop over to Ulta and see if I can try from the testers. This CC Cream looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i tried it today ... so far i like it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly wish I could find and try this as I'm a Yes to fan and it has low silicone however I just found out I'm extremely allergic to sunflower seeds and so as sunflower oil is one of the first ingredients I can't wear it. Why must this be such a popular ingredient? *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the comments about the lack of shades. Only a small fraction of consumers would be able to benefit from this product, which is such a bummer. For those at the very lightest and darkest ends of the spectrum, this sucks. However, I am totally used to it, and most very pale or very dark people are probably used to it too. Very few companies recognize that there are more than two or five or seven skintones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the record, found and have tried this -- I opted for Light over Light-Medium, which seems to have been a good choice. The coverage is very sheer (much less color appears on my makeup remover cloths at the end of the day than a number of other BB/CC creams I have tried). For folks who don't mind the sheerness to begin with, that will probably help it work for a wider variety of people. Good for anyone who wants or doesn't object to sheer, or good for layering under something else for extra hydration/correction/sunscreen/etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found this and tried it. Although the Ulta site SAYS the shades are Light and Medium, both the bottles I found at my local Target and the zoomed-in images of the bottles on the Ulta site say Light and Light-Medium. If there are only two shades, those are them; if there are three then there might be a medium.

    The coverage is VERY sheer, which probably helps a lot with skintone-matching (the color that comes off on my makeup-removing wipe at the end of the day is much less than many other BB/CC creams I've tried). Folks who want or don't mind the sheerness will probably like it; it could also be used under something with more coverage, of course, which I have done a time or two with the powder I'm liking right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They were carrying this at my local Walgreen's as of today.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig