Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 4.29.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

When it comes to lipstick, what’s your go-to finish (shimmer, creme, satin, matte, etc.) and why are you drawn to that particular finish?

G's answer: You know I love my mattes for fall and winter. When the weather warms up, I usually switch over to cremes and satin finishes. I do like to dabble in shimmery, sparkly and glittery lipcolors sometimes, but mattes, cremes and satins are my go-to finishes for sure. The reason I'm drawn to non-shimmery finishes is because I actually think they look better on my face than shimmers and glitters. I don't exactly know why, but I've also been told this by countless people over the course of my life (including makeup artists, etc.).

Links of the Week:

Gouldylox Reviews - Makeup Wars are my favorite posts. This week's war is all about facial masks. Was your favorite a winner or did it get defeated?

Lipglossiping - wants to know all about the last foundation you fell in love with. Come on over and share your sweet story of faux-skin perfection!

My Beauty Bunny - When the days heat up, many automatically reach for the lip-gloss. This summer, go the nontraditional route with a matte pout! Check out our round up of the best on the market; Matte Lips Make a Cruelty-Free Splash

Nouveau Cheap - reviews the new Revlon Lash Potion Mascara and has a tip for you, in case you’re thinking about giving it a shot.

Pink Sith - is giving away some very cute and colorful Tweezerman Tweezers and Unbreakable Mirrors just in time for Spring!

Prime Beauty - has curated a selection of 6 feminine and sophisticated fragrances complete with elegant falcons perfect for Mother's Day. She's even giving one away! You're welcome.

Phyrra - shares her Mother's Day Gift Guide. You'll want it all for yourself!

Vampy Varnish - likes that the new Orly Mash Up collection for summer 2013 is literally a mash up of colors and finishes!

we heart this - Ahoy! We be giving away a BPAL Port Royal soap and Jolly Roger perfume oil to one of you landlubbers who stops by...

Beauty Junkies Unite - If you have a sweet tooth, don't miss the L'Oreal Miss Candy Collection! Don't have a sweet tooth? You just might after this review!

Clumps of Mascara - is giving away a $125 gift card and a ton of Eucerin goodies for an at-home spa experience!

EauMG - has paired perfumes with popular women’s fashion trends for Spring/Summer 2013! It’s also EauMG’s 5 year blog anniversary! So, don’t forget to join in the celebration and enter the giveaways!

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Gouldylox Reviews - I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love Hair Romance. Although I don't know Christina, her blog is one of my all time favorites. Almost everything I've learned about long hair styling (in the one year I've had hair long enough to work with), I've learned from her. Did I mention I like this blog?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm a fan of matte formulas first and foremost, and then love cremes and satins. I also love a good tinted lip balm. Never been a fan of shimmers or anything with sparkles in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go in the middle with a satin/shimmer finish.. although I also have a couple of pearl finish I enjoy. I find both mattes and frosts tend to show every line and imperfection in my lips, a little bit of shimmer is more flattering and also makes my lips look a bit larger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matte, as long as I have a balm underneath. However, I do looovee a good creme lipstick :)

    -hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love creams the most then mattes :) not a big shimmer fan at the moment I don't think they look good on me either.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig