Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 4.1.13


Lipstick League Question of the Week

When it comes to haircare, what types of styling products do you use on a daily basis (if any at all)? 

G's answer: I think by now most of you know that I'm pretty low-maintenance when it comes to my hair. 99% of the time I don't even heat-style, but I do use a good leave-in conditioner or smoothing cream on most days. BUT, I have actually been testing a new drugstore shampoo and conditioner (which I'll be reviewing shortly) that have been making my hair look so nice that I actually haven't reached for a leave-in or smoothing cream since I started testing them.

Links of the Week

we heart this - has an instant win game for you; Beautisol self tanning mousse and their FAB applicator mitt. It's like a beauty lottery scratch off card, you could win in seconds

Beauty Junkies Unite - With each season, I fall more in love with the exclusive beauty brand, jouer Cosmetics. See what really got me going for spring

Clumps of Mascara - is giving away a SensatioNail gel nail starter kit. She was a skeptic when it came to at home gel nails but this kit is some kind of awesome

EauMG - Want to know what an angry rose smells like? Check out this review of the newest addition to the Juliette Has a Gun family.

Gouldylox Reviews - Would you consider letting a medical professional stick your face with hundreds of needles if it mean fewer fine lines and scar indentations? Check out my results (and gnarly after photos). Lipglossiping - puts the new Kiehl’s BB Cream under the microscope. Will it out-perform her favourite (now discontinued) Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer?

My Beauty Bunny - has a look (and swatches!) at the new Spring 2013 colors from cruelty and Big 3 free Sheswai Lacquer. Wait to you see Ladylike - it's my new favorite polish!

Nouveau Cheap - The new Hard Candy All Lid Up créme eye shadows have inspired me to break out of my browns and taupes and bring more color to my springtime eye looks.

Pink Sith - shows you a highlighter from Lancome that has been discontinued. But do not fret. She is giving one away to one lucky reader. Maybe you! Enter today!

Prime Beauty - tested out Olay Regenerist Micro-Scupting Cream and found the claims are true! It performs like luxury skincare products four times the price! Look your best with Olay and enter to win 1 of 5 jars of Olay Regererist Micro-Sculpting creams from Prime Beauty!

Phyrra - shares her tips and tricks for the best photography and video equipment for beauty and fashion bloggers. From handbags to cellphones and lights, she's got you covered!

Vampy Varnish - love sparkly eyeshadows but prefer more “refined” sparkles? Check out the new Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow for spring! I predict you are going to lust after Zodiac...

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by we heart this - We're always blown away by The PolishAholic; from her flawless manicures to her amazing photos, Jen's got skills! Plus, she always introduces us to new indie brands like the LA based wHet.

What styling products do YOU use on a daily basis?
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have fine, curly hair. I shampoo/condition (currently Aussie Moist), add a leave in mixture of evoo and aloe vera gel, comb it straight and air dry. This gives me wearable medium curls. If I decide to use my curling iron or straightener I put in some silicone serum (currently Paul Mitchell super skinny just because I had it on hand, I normally would not purchase salon product) right before. I usually straighten it the next day, and it will stay that way until I wash it. Only shampoo about twice a week. I don't use any styling products anymore because they build up in my hair and I have to shampoo more frequently, plus I find with my current routine I do not really need them. I used to put gobs of stuff in to make it look healthy/be managable.. only to have to shampoo everyday, blow dry since I did not have time to wait for it to dry everyday, restraighten, etc.. all damaging my hair and requiring more product. Just a big Merry-go-round of damage and bandaids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about this awesome shampoo/conditioner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do a whole lot with my hair if I can avoid it. I'm hooked on the SheaMoisture products, though, and when I use styling products I tend to use the L'Oreal sulfate-free mousse or gel, or the Pantene mousse whip, since my hair tends to be dry and wavy (if I'm lucky). I also read the Curly Girl handbook and following its advice I make a spray of distilled water, a couple drops of lavender oil, and sometimes a touch of conditioner or lemon oil which I use to revive curls. I'm curious about this magical shampoo-conditioner combo, though ... something so good you don't need a smoothing creme sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am extremely low maintenance as far as hair goes and I don't do anything daily with my hair except brush it. When I wash it though there is a multi step routine I go through. First wash with shampoo with argan oil, blot excess water with towel, apply leave in conditioner, comb through, let hair dry naturally until 80% dry then apply blow dry protector, section and do an at home blow out, apply flat iron perfector, flat iron where needed, mist lightly with anti-humidity hairspray. After that all I need is a quick brush through daily and I'm good for 4-5 days. Unless I've slept on it weird or gotten sweaty I don't have to do anything other than a quick brush and I'm good to go. Otherwise I run the flat iron through the crinkles to get a smooth sleek tress.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig