Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 5, 2013

Five Buck Friday

It's time once again for another installment of Five Buck Friday! For new readers, this series gives me an opportunity to share with you the super-inexpensive products that I personally own, love and have repurchased. As always, the grand total of everything in these posts always adds up to five bucks! So let's get started...

Palladio Tinted Lip Balms (retail: $3.99 each at Ulta; currently on sale at Sally Beauty for $2.99 each). Arguably one of Palladio's most popular products, these little tinted lip balms are kind of amazing. They're super moisturizing, come in great shades (that are actually visible on the lips!) and the price is right. I reviewed the shade Bronzy Pink way back in 2009, and I've since purchased several other the shades. The color pay-off is so impressive with these--I just can't think of a bad thing to say about them. If you haven't tried one yet, and you want to, be sure to grab one this month while they're $2.99 at Sally Beauty (online and in-store).

e.l.f. Lipstick in Voodoo (retail: $1 on the e.l.f. website and at retailers like Target, Kmart, etc.). I bought Voodoo at my local Target (and reviewed it here) and I reach for this lipstick whenever I want a sheer, brick red shade that isn't quite "Hey! Look at me!" but also not so subtle that it reads as nothing on my lips. I think it's perfect for the office on days when you'd like to wear red, without really wearing red (if you know what I mean). It's just a great, versatile shade that isn't over the top, but still in the red family. For a buck, it's a nice one to keep in your purse.

Because the Palladio Tinted Lip Balms are on sale for $2.99 this month at Sally, I'm adding one more Five Buck Friday pick to this week's list:

Wet n Wild Coloricon Brow & Eyeliner in Turquoise (retail: $0.99 wherever Wet n Wild is sold). If you're like me and you secretly want to dabble in more colorful eye looks (but aren't confident enough to wear your "experiments" outside of the house), it's easy to forget that a bold, bright teal eyeliner exists for just $0.99 at the drugstore. The Coloricon eyeliner pencil in Turquoise is so vibrant and fun (check my swatch here) and, shade-wise, kind of a surprise as far as drugstore liners go. The staying power of the Coloricon pencil liners is good for me on the upper lashline, but can be hit-or-miss on the lower lasheline. So this is a great way to play around before you invest in a "serious" teal liner from a higher end brand like Make Up For Ever, NARS, etc.

That's it for this installment of Five Buck Friday. If you already own any of these products, I would absolutely love to hear from you! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews. Click here to view my full disclosure policy.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. As the song says ; two out of three ain't bad! I have a couple of Palladio balms purchased from your review and the Coloricon Liner in Turquoise again based on your review but I think I would have found that one on my own ;) I will remember the ELF on my next trip to Target! Fun reading as always G.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post G - I'm still loving this series! I've really been wanting one of the Palladio balms, I will check them out next time I'm in ULTA!

    xo, aly

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig