Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Swatches and mini review: OPI Bling Dynasty

I've had this bottle of polish on my desk for months (I got it on clearance at a local discount store), meaning to review it. So now that I'm in Review Blitz mode, it's the perfect time to tell you why I love this gold polish so much and why sometimes one extra coat makes a world of difference.
OPI Bling Dynasty
(retail: around $8, 0.5 oz)

Bling Dynasty was released as part of the Spring 2010 Hong Kong Collection (wow, I can't believe that was three years ago!). A quick Google search told me that it's still available at lots of online beauty retailers, as well as sites like Amazon and Ebay. 

Keep reading for swatches!



The following photo was taken after two coats (no top coat):


After two coats, this color is more of a yellow-gold and not as deep or rich as the color in the bottle. Also, you can see some brush strokes and visible nail line after two coats.
But after three coats, look what happens:

So much richer and much closer to the color in the bottle. Three coats really takes this one from "meh" to "oooh" as far as I'm concerned.

The formula of this polish is a bit thick and it does take a while for each coat to dry, but it's such a lovely, almost burnished gold after three coats that I think it's worth the effort. I'm not even a big gold polish person (I tend to look better in silvers) but this one doesn't give me lobster claws (red skin) so it's a winner!

What's your favorite gold nail polish?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. OOh I love OPI... & this color looks amazing. I'm wondering if it will look good on paler skin? I might have to run out to Sephora to try it on first :) Thanks for the scoop ! ~ Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fabulous gold! I hope there are still a few of these floating around the stores for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of popcorn kernals, haha! Interesting you added how it doesn't give you "lobster claws", as warm golds such as this never work for my skintone and always brings out the redness which is why I stick to more cool champagne type golds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom is constantly on the search for the best gold polish ever made and as a consequence I own a bunch. I like Bling Dynasty but the best gold shimmer I own is BFF Lila which is nothing short of amazing. For foils I like Orly Glitz and for glitter it's Golden Eye hands down. You combine a coat of Glitz with Golden Eye over it? AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i want this color for summer!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite color is gold I need this nail polish!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this gold color is gorgeous. I'll definitely have to get it for Summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig