Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, January 7, 2013

The Lipstick League – week of 12.31.12

With the craziness of yesterday's festivities, I didn't get a chance to post the Lipstick League as usual. Sorry for the delay!

 

Lipstick League Question of the Week 

What’s your least expensive yet most effective beauty tip/product?  

G's answer: Oh this question is torturous! I have so many, but I think I'm going to have to go with the $1 e.l.f. concealer brush (available at Target, most Big Lots stores and online) that I use to clean up my manicures. That brush is an absolute lifesaver and I probably use it more than any other beauty tool I own (aside from my tweezers, of course).


Links of the Week

Vampy Varnish - Is in love with the new Urban Decay Naked Beauty Balm! Check out why!  

we heart this - the beauty cruise director, Stef, choose the top 12 beauty products of 2012 that most floated her boat.  

Beauty Junkies Unite - Get the scoop on the latest from Urban Decay...check out the review & swatches for the new NAKED Nail Kit!  

Clumps of Mascara - actually gave a mascara a 5 out of 5. This hardly ever happens! Check out which mascara made her go gaga.  

EauMG - Do you have any perfume New Year’s Resolutions?  

Lipglossiping - hides all the Christmas chocolates and resolves to jump back on the weight-watching wagon, anyone else being the ultimate New Year cliche?  

Gouldylox Reviews - Ever want your own before and after experience? Join the beauty bootcamp and make it happen in 2013. 

Nouveau Cheap - For my birthday, I told myself that I was going to treat myself to some fun bath products and not even think about testing or reviewing them. But man, these body washes are so delightful that I just couldn’t stop myself from reviewing them afterall.  

Pink Sith - is giving away an Argan Oil Infused Hair Care Set from DermOrganics. Enter today! 

Prime Beauty - is having fun creating a plethora of nail looks with Le Metier de Beaute's Holiday Nail Lacquers. The Deck the Nails duo are shimmering overlays and Bright as Night are deep jewel tones including the new Pantone color for 2013-Emerald! See what combinations she created! Phyrra - shares her first impressions of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm.  

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Vampy Varnish - I chose Chalkboard Nails and her amazing black spotted and neon abstract nails as my guest post this week because I think she’s amazingly talented, and this is a super cool look!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Extra virgin olive oil.. makeup remover, moisturizer, and hair serum just for starters. Followed closely by Milk of magnesia.. hands down the best mattifyer/primer in existence for oily skin. Both about $3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coconut oil coconut oil coconut oil! THE BEST LIP TREATMENT. I have constant chapped lips and an lifelong habit of chewing / picking at my lips and if I slather on coconut oil they are healed in 1-2 days. I've literally never seen my lips look or feel like this in my life. Overnight I will pile on coconut oil, wait a few mins then put on carmex OH GOD. Lip stains are my best friend again, they don't turn into an infrared heat map when the stain wears down. AND MY HAIR I no longer have to use conditioner and it's so soft. And I use it on my face before bed and shockingly it doesn't make me break out. I HAVE A LOT OF FEELINGS FOR COCONUT OIL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where do you get your coconut oil? At the health food store? I've been curious about trying it for hair treatments and as the odd moisturizer mask.

      Delete
    2. I don't get the fancy stuff, I get mine at the local big grocery store. I've seen it at all the big chain grocery stores as well as big box stores. In the aisle with cooking oil, I get the Luann brand (it's tasteless and odorless) It's a really big jar and I've never paid more than $7.

      Delete
  3. May i ask what the Lipstick League is? I'm semi-new, i'd say i found your blog about 4 months ago and have always been confused about what this post is! You answer a question and provide links, but why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lipstick League is a link round-up group comprised of eleven beauty bloggers. Link round-up groups are quite popular in the blogging community (and not just beauty blogs--you will find LOTS of link round-up groups in food blogs, craft blogs, etc.).

      It's basically when a group of bloggers come together and submit their "best post of the week" and create a list, which is then posted once a week on ALL of the members' blogs. It's a way to share your content with a wider audience, since your link is going to the audience of every blog in the group and vice-versa.

      I've heard from several readers who use The Lipstick League as a way to quickly and easily catch up on the "hot topics" of the week from several blogs all at one time.

      Hope that answers your question!

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig