Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Lipstick League - week of 11.12.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What beauty item(s) are you most happy to have purchased before it was discontinued?  

G's answer: Oh gosh, there are so many, but a recent one that comes to mind is Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Whipped Strawberries. There were many shades in the Dream Mousse Blush line, but Whipped Strawberries was one of the only ones that didn't contain any shimmer or sparkle. I'm so happy I was able to find a few at Dollar Tree a while back because I love, love, love the pretty pink color of Whipped Strawberries (and the staying power is better for me than the blushes that took their place).

Links of the Week:

Lipglossiping - injects some fun into her beauty routine with Urban Decay’s latest mini-palette!  

Gouldylox Reviews - This curling iron is part magic and part mystery. I don't know why the curls last for DAYS, but they do. Check out the pictures for proof!    

Nouveau Cheap - I’m so obsessed with my current favorite lipstick (retail: $6) that all of my other lip colors seem to be collecting dust right now.  

Pink Sith - wants to know if you see the same thing that she sees when she looks at the Lise Watier Glamour Rose Illuminating Face & Body Powder.

Prime Beauty - got into a little skirmish recently with her fellow bloggers. See what she chose as her mascara warrior in Makeup Wars-Battle of the Best Mascara.  

Phyrra - tells you how she thinks mascara should be advertised!  

Vampy Varnish - really likes the new Buxom Time to Shine Lip Collection for the holidays!  

we heart this - Do you want to win a Clarisonic? (I'll help, the answer is YES!)

 Beauty Junkies Unite - See Amber's 6 recent product picks for total complexion perfection!  

Clumps of Mascara - tried CoverGirl Lashblast Clump Crusher mascara and whoa...it shocked her!  

EauMG It's that time again. Gift guide time! Here's EauMG's Holiday 2012 Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties.  

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Lipglossiping - Cafe Makeup ensures that Chanel’s Liquid Eyeliner in Platine secures itself a place on my Christmas wishlist!

 What beauty item(s) are YOU most happy to have purchased before it was discontinued?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That's a tough one. Probably some lipstick, but I'm drawing a blank. I have more fond memories of past buys, like this cherry-red lipstick I found while I was a high-schooler in the late 1980s-early 1990s, or of this pinky-peachy-nude Cover Girl lipstick from the same time, that I wish I could re-visit now and see if I love them now as much as I did then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got my hands on the WnW 6 pan palette in Vanity tonight.. found it at a Dollar General in a holiday gift set. I can't tell you how many DG's I have been to searching for that set. It was not in the cosmetic section.. but an isle in the middle of the store, and they only had one. Long time lemming for me, I was never able to get one before it was discontinued. Also the LE CT in Barely Beige.. I adore it and they are nowhere to be found, every single display has been empty since I bought it.. thank goodness I did not wait and grabbed it the very first day it was put out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAC blushes from the Liberty of London and Hello Kitty collections, can't remember the names but they're a browny-peach and a bright pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WnW 6 pan palette in Vanity.
    It looked good- it was a great price- and I never knew what had until recently, I started using it!
    It's fantastic!
    WW~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an old wnw palette from wnw color 401...Older skinny bottle with the long white stick at the top..
    I've had it over 15 years and I remember my mom buying me a fresh bottle bc it was " on sale"... Years later I'll learn that that was my first drugstore sale haul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revlon Beyond Natural concealer duo! I probably have eight back ups!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably the Lust, Envy, and Vanity WnW 6 pan palettes! I think they are better quality (albeit smaller pans of shadow) than the 8 pan palettes they've been cranking out. Especially the matte shades!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig