Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 9, 2012

Spotted: new nail art kits and body washes

Given the increased popularity of nail art these days (as well as nail polish in general) I guess it's no surprise that different nail art techniques are going "mainstream". But I have to say, I was pretty surprised when longtime reader Robin shared some pics of these new nail art kits that she spotted at Walmart recently:

image credit: Robin for Nouveau Cheap 
 Kiss Gradation Polishes
(retail: $6.97 at Walmart) 
Can you believe the gradation/gradient mani has gone mainstream?? Keep reading for a close-up pic of these kits, as well as some new LE body washes from Softsoap...

image credit: Robin for Nouveau Cheap 

It looks like you get three polishes in each kit: a base color, shimmer/metallic and a glitter top coat. I'm wondering if these polishes have a special formula or brush that makes them more conducive to gradient manicures, or if they're just standard polishes?  If you own this kit, I'd love to know what you think of it!

Robin also spotted the Holiday 2012 LE body washes from Softsoap:

 image credit: Robin for Nouveau Cheap 
Softsoap Sensations Limited Edition Holiday 2012 Body Washes
Enchanted Sugar Plum and Wintermint Wonderland

Robin said that Wintermint Wonderland smells a lot like B&BW Twisted Peppermint (yay!).

Have you spotted/purchased any of these new products? What do you think of them? I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks so much, Robin, for the great sightings and info!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I was at myy local Walmart last weekend and they had the SoftSoap Enchanting Sugar Plum, but not Wintermint Wonderland. I have to go back next week so I'll see if they have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, the gradation polishes...me and my daughter will be all over those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a review of the gradation kit and they are just regular polish. Though the steps to doing it are much different than "sponging". You apply the base, then add the second polish, and while the second polish is still wet, you apply the third. Its interesting and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing the gradient polish kits at my local walmart for a few weeks now and have been wondering about them, especially since they've been just.. floating around without a pricetag. Now I know! And very excited for the wintermint body wash, yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do love anything mint.... going to have to grab some of that Wintermint Wonderland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I'm definitely gonna sniff that mint bodywash at work tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just used one of the gradient kits tonight. Got it at CVS. I am not sure yet how I feel about it. It looks okay, but it's taking forever to dry, which annoys me.
    The colors are really nice though. I got the Film Noir kit.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig