Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 10.15.12



Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What beauty product would you immediately hoard if you found out that it was going to be discontinued?

G's answer: Ha! I think any of you who have been reading this blog for a while know the answer to this one. I've got two products in particular that I'm already hoarding even though neither one has officially been discontinued (the fate of each one doesn't look good though, which is why I'm hoarding): Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil in Dark Blonde and Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation SPF50 in Medium (I'm even hoarding Light, despite the fact that I prefer Medium!). 

Links of the Week:

we heart this – took a tour of Marilyn Monroe’s Hollywood with MAC’s Gregory Arlt. Now, we’re sharing insider’s info about the collection (like, which Mad Men star inspired Love Goddess lipstick) and Marilyn’s beauty regime (ever wonder why she always looked so glowy? The answer will surprise you!)

Beauty Junkies Unite – I have a feeling there are a few shades in the new ZOYA Ornate Collection for holiday 2012, that you would be really bummed about if you missed!

Clumps of Mascara – loves everything about Tarte Cosmetics. But their Glamzon Pure Performance Lipsticks? Whoooooa! They are absolutely heavenly.

Lipglossiping – gets hot under the collar for the new BB Cream from french skincare maestro’s La Roche-Posay.

Gouldylox Reviews – What do you think of the idea of a CC cream? I’m not making it up, it’s a thing. Find out more here!

Nouveau Cheap – gives you swatches, swatches and more swatches to help you determine if you need the new limited edition Shimmer The Night Away palette from Wet n Wild.

Pink Sith – experienced the new Le Metier de Beaute CHEM60 Pro-Peel & GLOW10ai mask set and not only did she not turn into Red Skull she managed to turn a Frugalista into a High End Diva!

Prime Beauty – embraces the Oxblood nail trend with 6 deep red polishes!

Phyrra – shows you how to get the Perfect Night Out Look!

Vampy Varnish – is trying her hand at some simple Halloween nail art using NARS Andy Warhol Nail Polish.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by we heart this – The British Beauty Blogger shared a post filled with fab advice about How to be a Beauty Writer. Whether you just want to improve your own blog, or are trying to get a job that pays you for the obsessing you already do, it’s a good read!

What product would you start to hoard if you found it was going to be discontinued?
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. The Cover Girl Pure Romance eyeshadow quad would be the first thing I could never live without.

    Then Physician's Formula eyeliners and Sally Hansen X-treme Wear Golden-I (nail polish, the best gold foil for my skin tone ever to exist).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to hoard but I've realized over the years that I seldom actually use up the products.. for me anyway it seems that something better is always over the horizon, and I wind up moving on. I have drawers full of products I adored at one time.. yet never use because I found something better.

    The only thing I can think of right now that I would not want to live without and have no other option for is my moisturizer.. Garnier moisture rescue gel creme. There is one similar product that I know of but it is a very expensive high end product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to agree with you: if it was something I like to use everyday, I would probably buy enough back-up's to last me a while so I'll have ample time to search for a replacement. The only thing at this point that I would buy out the store of and then some would be the Up & Up Body Lotion (the one that is comparable to Aveeno).

      Delete
  3. Not a drugstore product, but I have hoarded Mary Kay's old style blush in Golden Canyon. It is the perfect color to add shape to my face and still has a great flushed color. I would also hoard OPI's Sand in My Suit, I wear that on my toes all year long because it looks good with everything and is great for the work place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably maybelline falsies mascara in the purple tube and covergirl bedazzled biscotti eye shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would have to be my too faced primer for eyeshadow. If I don't have that on, my es fades so fast. With that primer, I put my es on at 7am,,travel, work 8 hr, travel to the gym exercise at least 1 hour then travel home.. No creasing, even stays if I accidentally touch my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wet n Wild blush in Mellow Wine

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig