Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, October 15, 2012

Reader Spotlight: Jess


Every Monday, I like to start the week off right by giving thanks to longtime readers and putting them in the "spotlight." For this installment of Reader Spotlight, I'm interviewing longtime reader and photo contributor Jess. Jess has been responsible for many of the drugstore sightings I've shared with you over the years (we share a love of drugstore haircare and facial care products and she always seems to find brand new products before I've even heard of them!). It's my honor to help you get to know Jess a little bit better!

Jess has the best reason ever for not wearing nail polish. Keep reading to find out why...

Q: How long have you been reading Nouveau Cheap?

I believe I started reading and commenting in 2010. I have been a faithful follower every since.

Q: Do you remember how you initially found this blog?

I believe YouTube Makeup Guru Michellebell218 mentioned your blog in one of her videos and I was excited to find a place of other makeup Lovers sharing tips, reviews and sales.

Q: Have you ever purchased a drugstore product because of a review on this blog? If so, how did it work for you?

If it wasn't for this blog I would have missed out of many Limited Edition collections and bought many things that suck. I can definitely credit  this blog for introducing me to brands like Wet N Wild, NYC and Physicans Formula.

Q: Name your top five drugstore beauty brands.

Physicians Formula
NYX
Covergirl
Wet N Wild
Revlon


Q: What are some of your Holy Grail drugstore beauty products?

They are shown in my two pictures! (See below.)

Q: What's your go-to lip color shade?

Berry nude: 
NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar 
ELF Liquid Lipstick in Maple Sugar 
L'Oreal Color of Hope  LE lipstick ( I look out for it every year) 
L'Oreal Infallible Opulent Organza 
I miss Revlon's Beyond Natural lipstick in Nude.

 Q: Approximately how many bottles of nail polish do you own?

One. I know...but, as a sign language interpreter I have to keep my nails natural for my job.  I only apply a clear coat to keep them shiny and healthy looking. If I get I pedicure I will pick a polish and the salon/spa.

Q: What was your most recent drugstore beauty purchase?

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Pressed Powder in Buff Beige ( my drugstore travel foundation) & the new LE Color Tattoos- I wish Barely Beige was permanent!

Q: What are some drugstore beauty products that haven't worked for you (and why)?

I have been fortunate to have this blog and the Internet as a resource to avoid many bad products. Liquid foundation (my skins is SUPER sensitive and it makes me break out) and Photoready powder--too much shimmer.

Q: If you could create a limited edition drugstore beauty collection, what would it contain?

A Make Your Own palette with individual pigmented shadow pans and more makeup products geared towards sensitive skin.

Q. Would you like to share a picture with us (of you, your makeup stash, a pet, etc.)?

Here are my holy grail beauty products: 

TOP ROW: Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Beauty's Touch, Physicians Formula Mineral Blush in Rosy Glow, NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar, Physicians Formula Mineral Correcting Pebbles (my dupe for Guerlain Meteorites).
BOTTOM ROW: e.l.f. HD powder, Essence Stay with Me lipgloss in berry me, L' Oreal Infalliable eye shadow (all shades), Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows (all shades), Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten.

LEFT TO RIGHT: CO Bigelow Lemon & Pomegranate Fragrance Body Mist NÂș 1817, L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner, Dove Nourising Oil Hair Care Detangler, Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub
Thanks so much for the great interview, Jess. I loved getting to know you a bit better and, like I mentioned above, I think you have the best reason ever for not wearing nail polish. :) I share your love of that NYX lipstick in Whipped Caviar and also the Revlon Mineral Finishing Powder (why Revlon discontinued those, I will never understand).
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the interview, that was really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to learn what the holy grails are for other folks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love that Essence lip gloss you showed! And totally agree, Jess - I wish that the beige color tattoo wasn't LE, too! I'm on a no-buy so I can't get it, so I really wish I could snag one when my no-buy ends in Dec.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to get to get to know you Mess! It is really cool that you are a sign language interpreture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, that's a pretty cool job. It's just a shame you can't wear nail polish, but I can see why.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh i haven't tried several or your HGs, i'll add them to my ever-running shopping list. nice to meet you Jess!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig