Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wet n Wild update (and new Limited Edition 8-pan palettes)



UPDATE, 9/23/12: Click here for close-up pics of the new 8-pans and also pics of the display.

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been posting press releases or full reviews of any of the new Wet n Wild products/collections for the past several months. The Wet n Wild Beauty Ambassador program is apparently on hiatus, and we (the Beauty Ambassadors) haven't been receiving new product info, samples, etc. for a while now.

Therefore, coverage of anything new from Wet n Wild will be done the old fashioned way (i.e. the way it was done before I was a WnW Beauty Ambassador) and I'll either post about new products as I see them, or post information submitted by readers. If you have any questions about Wet n Wild products, releases or availability, please start to direct those questions to Wet n Wild and not to me, as I don't know anything more than you do at this point. Hopefully the Wet n Wild Beauty Ambassador program will resume at a later date and I'll definitely keep you posted if that happens.

That said, a huge thanks to reader Renee, who left a comment on the You Tell Me page regarding three new Limited Edition Wet n Wild 8-Pan Eyeshadow Palettes.

The names of the palettes are:

  • Sparkle ‘Til Morning (earthtones + teal)
  • Shimmer the Night Away (pinks, purples, grays)

You can see images of these palettes and more info over at Drugstore Princess. Since I'm no longer receiving information from Wet n Wild regarding new releases, I unfortunately can't tell you if these palettes are exclusive to just one retailer, or if they'll be part of the permanent collection sold at all retail locations. I also don't know if these are replacing the older 8-pans or just new additions to the 8-pan line. They do appear to be permanent (vs. limited edition) based on the "new" stickers on the palettes.  UPDATE: thanks to reader candice nicole for confirming that these are Limited Edition.

If you've spotted these new 8-pans in your area, please leave a comment and let us know where you found them! 

Thanks again, Renee, for the heads-up about this!
SHARE:

30 comments

  1. I think I just had a mini heart attack!!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arg! So excited! I'm sorry to hear the WnW Ambassador program seems to have petered out. I really liked when you had all the info for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYYYYY!!!! can't wait!!! i missed out on the matte palette so i'm glad i get another chance! also gotta get another comfort zone palette because mine broke. =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Lots of people missed it the first time so i'm glad everyone gets a second chance! Hope you find it soon. :)

      Delete
  4. I hope there are a couple more to go with that. It was so nice to 'hear' about upcoming stuff when WnW does the Ambassador program. Here's hoping it starts back up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I THINK it's just the three, but i'm not 100% sure. And yep, me too! :(

      Delete
  5. Was just going to email you these pictures since I spotted these babies at a Harmon in Norwalk, CT today! They are only $4.49 at Harmon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, the display they are on says "limited edition" let me know if you want close up pictures candice.nic@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I would LOVE pics!! Thank you, honey! And thanks for confirming these are LE. That helps so much!

      Delete
  7. I spotted these in Norwalk, CT today - at a Harmon for $4.49. The display they are in says "Limited Edition". Let me know if you want pics of these! Candice.nic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i see i have a trip to Norwalk in my furture! (i live in CT, too)...thanks so much for the tip!! i am utterly obsessed with WnW shadows. Theyre pretty much the only drugstore shadows i ever buy.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the update, G! The Sparkle ‘Til Morning palette looks good~~ :)

    I like the update to the layout too. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the heads up, G!! Can't wait to see these out here in OC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man...I hope these release to other stores besides Harmon since there are none anywhere close to me...let me know if anyone sees them anywhere else...I already have the matte palette but I need the other 2 in my life...help lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh goodness. I hope i find these palettes. I already
    have my set on Sparkle Til Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spotted these at a Harmon in NJ! Noticed the I <3 Matte re-release right away. Didn't pick up Shimmer the Night away because it looked a lot like Petal Pusher to me, but I grabbed Sparkle Til Morning. I haven't tried it yet, but I fell in love with the color combination right away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hun, where in N J I went to my local Harmon and nothing, nor Walgreen or Riteaid :'0(

      Delete
    2. Ok I found all 3 at a Harmon near my job, not close to home at all! They only had what comes on the display 3 of each and most were gone but I did get 2 of tbr mattes and 1 each of the others. THANKS G...everyone!!

      Delete
  13. I like sparkle till morning .. I hope it appears at wags soon.. I hate these one store chain releases.. It makes it so difficult for the *loyal* buyers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would be nice to know who is going to be carrying these..not interested in I ♥ Matte, have it and only swatched one color..basically looking for that 1 palette, Sparkle till Morning! . We shall see. I hit Rite Aid's and Walgreens yesterday and nothing. I was looking for something else and went to alot of different stores. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! I'm so excited that they're redoing the matte palette! I'm definitely buying all three!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now begins my obsessive hunt until I hopefully find these!

    I really hope WnW reinstates their product ambassador program. I enjoyed the exclusive scoops you provided.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The picture on drugstoreprincess is actually from http://starvingstudentstyle.tumblr.com/. Starving student has swatches of all of the palettes on her page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. do u know where the palettes are being sold?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig