Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 7, 2012

Fashion Week: Essie on the Runway

Aside from the Fashion Week collections that hit the drugstores each spring and fall, I don't do much coverage of Fashion Week here on Nouveau Cheap. But when this info from Essie hit my desk, I wanted to share it with you because I personally find it fun when brands that we can easily purchase at the drugstore are used on the runway. 

Take a peek at how Essie was used at the Veronica Beard and Tanya Taylor shows. Maybe these looks can give you a bit of "nailspiration":


Keep reading for another off-the-runway look...


I'm excited to recreate the au natural + licorice + matte top coat look from the Tanya Taylor show. And I also wouldn't have thought to pair copper with magenta--I think I kind of love those two shades together. What do you think?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I think both looks are cool. I'm not too crazy about matte nails, but I'll try anything once (cosmetically speaking, that is!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know where to get "Au Natural" - I haven't seen it anywhere! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it came out in 2005 or around there...you can still get it on Amazon.

      Delete
  3. I have au natural. It's one of my favorite colors! Love the black tip. Might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a matte top coat too...but I'd like to find a mini version, because I know I won't use it too often.
    & oh my gosh that French mani photo reminds me of when I was at a nail salon and asked for French manicure w/ dark forest green color for the tips (in honor of St. Patrick's Day, lol), but they layered on so many coats that the tips just ended up looking black. -_- oh well. can't control the results unless you DIY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC and Hard Candy both make matte top coats.

      Delete
    2. Shortandsweetjoy: like Vick said,.NYC makes a matte top coat that retails for only $1.99, and it's awesome! Here's my review:

      http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-new-nyc-matte-me-crazy.html

      Delete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig