Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 27, 2012

Reader Spotlight: Robin


In case you missed my first installment of Reader Spotlight, this is a new series that I've created to showcase longtime, loyal readers of Nouveau Cheap. If you've been reading and commenting on this blog for a long time, I want you to know how much I appreciate that, and what better way to show my gratitude than to turn the spotlight on YOU? I also think this is a great way for us, the members of this little community, to get to know each other better! So if you're a new reader, I hope this series gives you an opportunity to get to know some of us who have been here for a while.

For this installment of Reader Spotlight, I've interviewed reader Robin. Robin has been such a great presence on this blog for years, and if you've ever read her comments, you know she's just about nicest, kindest person you'll ever "meet" on the internet. Find out more about Robin after the jump (spoiler: we get to see her adorable puppy dog too!):

Q: How long have you been reading Nouveau Cheap?

I have been reading Nouveau Cheap since early spring, 2010.  It may be earlier than that but looking back at posts from 2009 are new to me so that is my best estimate

Q: Do you remember how you initially found this blog?

I read a lot of fashion and beauty printed magazines and I remember googling a particular foundation for reviews and found Nouveau Cheap that way.

Q: Have you ever purchased a drugstore product because of a review on this blog? If so, how did it work for you?

I have purchased a TON of products that you have reviewed!!!! Somethings I loved, some not so much.  I buy a lot of polishes that you review and a lot of body washes too.  Not so much with shampoos as I have found my holy grail and am picky about my hair and don't like to risk bad hair days! LOL!

Q: Name your top five drugstore beauty brands.

Top 5 brands in order are Revlon, Sinful Colors, Wet and Wild, Physicians Formula, Milani (when I can get them).

Q: What are some of your Holy Grail drugstore beauty products?

Holy grail items are: PF Gel eyeliner (the trio) for Blue eyes, Suave Shampoo and conditioner for Volume, Suave Max Hold Hairspray, Wet and Wild Cream Blush stick 722. I think the latest version is 722A.

Q: What's your go-to lip color shade?

My go to lipshades are peachy pinks and peachy nudes.

Q: Approximately how many bottles of nail polish do you own?

I own approximately 100 nail polishes.  This obsession started when I discovered beauty blogs!

Q: What was your most recent drugstore beauty purchase?

My most recent drugstore beauty purchase was NYC nail polish Golden Glam, Peach Sparkle (based on your review) and Peach Melba Lip Gloss.

Q: What are some drugstore beauty products that haven't worked for you (and why)?

I really haven't found eyeshadows from the drugstore or anywhere else that don't flake down into my contacts which why I just don't wear it. I have a few and maybe will wear them when getting all dressed up.

Q: If you could create a limited edition drugstore beauty collection, what would it contain?

I think my collection would be all lip glosses that are tremendously sparkly and have pigment to them but not so much that they were liquid lipsticks, they would be very shiny, probably sticky because when you work out/play sports like I do they seem to last longer on the lips. I think the color range would be peach and pink shades... and they would smell and taste like lemon sugar!

Q. Would you like to share a picture with us (of you, your makeup stash, a pet, etc.)?

I attached three photos of things that I love!  The NY Giants, my dog, my daughter! I also <3 my hubby but he didn't want me to send a pic! And I am a distance runner and love that also! :)



Thanks so much for sharing a bit about yourself with us today, Robin! Both you and your daughter are beautiful, and your puppy dog is just too cute for words! 

PS: Love those hot pink nails!
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Awesome interview!

    I'm wondering, Robin have you tried using a really good eye primer under your drugstore eye shadows? I've found that by using one of those (my fav is Urban Decay, but Revlon's Photoready is great also) and then tapping/pressing the shadow on my lids moreso than painting them on in a brushstroke (can you tell I'm an artist? ha) makes them stay put. I also spritz a setting spray over my closed eyelids if I'm going to be in the heat or some other extreme situation like that.

    I just hate for you to miss out on the great stuff available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know everyone loves UD primers and at some point I should get a tube! Thanks for the advice.!

      Delete
  2. Yay, a NY Giants fan! Wow, Robin and her daughter look like sisters. I'm wondering, besides all the fun makeup and nail polishes she mentioned, what skincare items she uses? Whatever they are, they are working!

    Robin sounds like me, buying items because of your recommendations, G!

    What a sweet lady Robin seems. Thanks for featuring her and for the pics of her lovely daughter and precious puppy!

    I love this new feature. Great to put faces together with names!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isis remember Alpha Hydrox? In the red box? I swear by it!!! I may try others but have been coming back to it for years and years!

      Delete
    2. yes, I remember that! It sure works for you---your complexion is beautiful! ;)

      Delete
  3. awe this is a great post.... i love that u care about your readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. G. I am beyond thrilled to be included in this community that you have created! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got Peach Melba too-- love it! This is a great feature. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this post ~ Robin seems so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Robin, is that a picture of you at the Giants training camp at UAlbany? It's hard to tell from photos, but I think so lol. Nice to get to "know" you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelania that is exactly where the NYG photo was taken! This year about a month ago!

      Delete
    2. That's awesome! This was my first year going and I had a lot of fun. My boyfriend managed to get me interested in sports last year and now I'm a huge fan lol. It was a good year to become a Giants fan though!

      Delete
  8. Aw this is so sweet! This is why I love your blog- posts like this make me admire your sincerity and gratitude towards your readers. Thanks for featuring Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post!
    It was great "meeting" Robin! (btw, my husband is a long distance runner too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this feature! You did another stellar job, G.!

    Robin, you ad your daughter are gaw-juss! Good looks run in the family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin, your dog doesn't even look real! I mean, he looks so perfect!!! Maybe he could be the next Purina Dog!! And you are simply adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great series! I love it when bloggers really connect with readers

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to start a petition for companies to create both of the Reader Spotlight collection ideas. Those glosses Robin suggested sound like they would be awesome!

    And G. we appreciate you too. Not only for the info you post daily but the fact you're so kind. Not every blogger or site owner responds to their readers the way that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a nice post to start the morning off with! I am going to look into that alpha hydrox skin care, because your skin looks great!!
    And I agree with another commentor that you should totally try ud primer, or too faced primer ( that's what I use - I travel on the Hot train, walk to work in the elements, work all day, then get back on the train and do at least an hour of spin or zumba and my Eye makeup is still basically untouched.. Stay away from colors with glitters because they will fall out- go for a creamier consistency ( wet& wild trios are a great place to start:) Or.. Did you ever try a creme eyeshadow? You still need a primer with those, but you won't get any flakes! Eyeshadow is addictive- but so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I 2nd Ms. DeVious, G, you are a great blogger in that you respect and like your readers. Thank you for sharing Robin (and Robin, THANK YOU for sharing!)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robin rocks! This was a cool feature.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig