Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 7.9.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 
What product(s) do you use to clean your makeup brushes?

G's answer: I use a variety of products for cleaning my brushes. I like Vo5 and Suave clarifying shampoos (Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze makes my brushes smell yummy), Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Classic Soaps (Almond is my fave)  and also baby shampoo works great for brush cleaning.

Lipstick League Links of the Week:

Prime Beauty – reviews the June GlossyBox and has one to giveaway too!

Phyrra – Phyrra feels a sin comin’ on. Oh wait! That’s just Sinful for Her by Tru Fragrance.

Vampy Varnish – Get your potty-mouth on with this new nail lacquer from Sheswai and it’s cruelty free!

we heart this – it may not be beauty, but we bet you feel beautiful (and clever) sporting this clutch purse that you made yourself. Oh, yes you did!

Beauty Junkies Unite – Amber shares 7 hot picks from the brand new Maybelline nail lacquer collection, Color Show!

Clumps of Mascara – already has a Clarisonic but she’s in looooove with these. How gorgeous and summery are these shades?

EauMG – Check one of Victoria’s favorite perfumes for the heat, L’Artisan Parfumeur Batucada.

Gouldylox Reviews – This BB Cream does a great job of staying in place all day, but has one other major drawback.

Lipglossiping – nags more of her readers to share their favourite red lipsticks in her regular Red Lipped Readers series.

Nouveau Cheap – A collection of jumbo eyeshadow pencils from the drugstore in rich, vibrant colors that don’t crease, smudge or smear even after eight hours? Oh yes, it’s true.

Pink Sith – managed to spend less than $20 on a full face of makeup? Check out the 79 cent blush/bronzer she picked up from Sally Girl Cosmetics.

Guest Post of the Week, as chosen by Prime Beauty – I had the pleasure of meeting this sweet, gentle and discriminating blogger in person! Check out The Ultimate Makeup for info on makeup, fashion and all things pretty!

What do YOU use for cleaning your brushes?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I use Dawn dish liquid. Dissolves grease and cleans them quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished spot cleaning my brushes :) When I want to thoroughly clean my brushes; I use baby shampoo that I picked up from the Dollar Tree. If I'm spot cleaning I use a solution of baby shampoo, leave in conditioner, alcohol and water. Nothing fancy over here...I spend my money on foundations (lately I've become obsessed with buying them)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 90% alcohol. I only use synthetic brushes, and I seldom every use them to apply a cream product (I usually use my fingers) so I do not wash them often, about once a month or so. I keep a terrycloth towel for spot cleaning as I go. I find the alcohol cleans much better with less scrubbing, and dries much faster as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, i also use the VO5 kiwi lime clarifying shampoo for my brushes too! its the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know if my opinion is wanted because I do not use a drugstore brand. For daily use, I use Bare Escentuals I.D. Quick Change. For a thorough cleaning, Bare Escentuals Well-Cared For Brush Conditioning Shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know if my opinion is wanted because I do not use a drugstore brand. For daily use, I use Bare Escentuals i.d. Quick Change Brush Cleaner. For a thorough cleaning Bare Escentuals Well-Cared For Brush Conditioning Shampoo.

    Sidenote: I got the best coupon from your blog yesterday. $2 Dove Clinical Deodorant that I used at CVS this week (BOGO 50%). Pretty good deal if you use it. (I had some other CVS Qs also.)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig