I usually try to scan the cosmetics news sites once a week or so but I'm a bit behind right now, so I apologize if the following stories are old news to some of you. I think they're worth sharing though, so here we go:
- Last year Revlon purchased Sinful Colors. THIS year it's Pure Ice and Bon Bons Cosmetics. I wonder if that means we'll see more dupes and better access to both brands?
- Speaking of Revlon, you can read up on all the details of their new Expression Experiment here.
- St. Ives' popular Timeless Skin Apricot Scrub is now officially 100% sulfate-free (as well as paraben-free and phthalate-free).
- Pantone released its list of the colors that will be big for Fall 2012 and, not surprisingly, we're already seeing many of these shades in recent nail polish collections.
- Stila is set to launch its first full skincare range in January 2013 in the US and UK.
- Attention gamers! Resident Evil: The Fragrance might be a reality VERY soon.
- Cargo Cosmetics gets a new owner (which might explain why reader Pocket Witch mentioned the other day that select Sephora inside JCPenney locations currently have Cargo products at 50% off. Thanks again for the heads-up, Pocket Witch!).
- In news that should surprise absolutely no one who regularly shops at the drugstore, DIY nail care is booming right now.
- In addition to purchasing Boots No7, Walgreens also just purchased USA Drug.
- A new line of nail polish that's not only Big Three Free, but composed of ingredients that are of 85% natural original (wood pulp, potato, etc.).
- A popular French drugstore skincare brand (which happens to be paraben- and cruelty-free) is now available in the US.

9 comments
Wow! Thanks for keeping us posted G! That is crazy about Revlon and Boots!!!
Thanks for the updates. I would have never known these things if not for you. :)
Not so crazy about Revlon taking over yet another nail polish brand. This time two. I would love to see some smaller companies make it. But this news is full of buying and selling of companies.
I wonder where the french skincare is going to be sold.. anyone know?
You're so welcome!
So glad I could help! :)
Yep...it's the way of the world these days...
JoElla, that's a link to the Embryolisse website in that article, and they have a store locator!
You had me at Resident Evil: The Fragrance
Post a Comment