Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Lipstick League – week of 6.11.12


Lipstick League Question of the Week: 

What higher-end product(s) in your beauty arsenal do you consider absolutely splurge-worthy?

G's answer: that's a tough one for me considering just about all of the products I use regularly are from the drugstore. However, I find that many higher-end fragrances are not easily dupable, thus are deserving of their higher price tags. For fragrance in particular, dupes can come close, but they're never quite the same (although BBW Rice Flower & Shea is a nice alternative to Kenzo Amour, Into the Wild is a nice alternative to Escada Tropical Punch, etc.).
Links of the Week:

Krasey Beauty – Krasey Beauty waxes poetically, literally, about the new Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow Pencils.

Lipglossipinggets her tongue in a twist with the pronunciation of a well-known French beauty brand!

Nouveau Cheap – Whether you like your bronzers and highlighters matte or full of sparkle, the latest releases from NYX have got you covered.

Pink Sith – tries out Marc Anthony’s (no that THAT Marc Anthony) Dream Waves Amplifying Collection and she get’s beautiful beachy waves and curls as a result!

Phyrra – brings you the best bright hair from Premiere Beauty.

Vampy Varnish – loves the new LORAC Wild For TANtalizer collection and thinks you will as well!

we heart this – From clear pits to coral tips, see what Glam.com predicts will be the hottest products for summer.

Beauty Junkies Unite – If you’re tired of your eyeshadow creasing or disappearing, then you will not want to miss these long-wearing 12HR waterproof cream eyeshadow pencils that Amber reviewed from Milani Cosmetics!

Clumps of Mascara – reviews Maybelline BB Dream Fresh. This, lovelies, is a ginormous deal since very few BB creams come in shades for women of color. Yay for this one!

EauMG – Victoria reviews a creamy, dreamy white floral perfume by Annick Goutal.

Gouldylox Reviews – Is still learning how to manage her now long hair. This week was a major FAIL. Here’s why.

What products in your beauty arsenal would you consider absolutely splurge-worthy?
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. My Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oil collection. There are no dupes or substitutes for perfection! Philosophy skin care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fragrances. I love Hermes's Eau Des Merveilles and haven't found a dupe. As for makeup, even if I don't find a dupe for any high-end product in particular, I can always find something I love as well. Every now and then though, I will admit, a high-end tinted moisturizer will catch my fancy and I'll totally spluge on it. I love Covergirl and Boots No. 7, but I also have Laura Mercier, Clinique and Elizabeth Arden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My foundations & tinted moisturizers; because its so hard to find drugstore foundations that fit my skintone. My favorites are Smashbox & Laura Mercier TM and for foundations MAC Pro longwear & Lancome Ideal Color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes. I love the drugstore eyeshadows I have but I loooooove Urban Decay's eyeshadow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good topic for me this week because I just won a Sephora gift card and have been trying to decide what to spend it on. Looking forward to lots of responses.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig