Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, March 26, 2012

Review: Lumene Sensitive Touch Arctic Aqua 2-in-1 Skin Perfecting Moisture Booster

Sometimes, even though I like my moisturizer, I wish that I owned a product that could deliver just a tiny bit more moisture to my skin throughout the day, yet NOT cause my makeup to slide all over the place. If you've ever wished for a magical product like that too, then allow me to introduce you to:

(1.2 oz, retail: $14.99 at CVS, but as of the time of this post it's on sale for $10.49).

A few months ago, I received some Lumene skincare products for review (available at CVS, both in-store and online), and I have to admit that this is the one that made me say, "Oh boy, do I really need to add THIS to my skincare routine?" At first glance, it seemed like a totally unnecessary step in the morning, and I wasn't terribly excited to start testing it.

But then, I tried it.




Made in Finland (*waves to my pal Nea of Fashioned in Finland*)  and containing no colorants, parabens or silicones, this product is designed to be applied after cleansing the face, but BEFORE your moisturizer.


I love how Lumene provides a little graph on their packaging to tell you which age range is suggested for each product. In the case of this product, it's suggested for all ages in the range.



The packaging is kind of cool. It's a tube, yet it also has a pump applicator: 


So why am I totally in love with this product? Let me make this as clear as possible: it works, it does what it says, and it hasn't let me down. 

This winter and spring have been a disaster for my skin. One day my oily skin can be shiny greaseball, while the next it's dry, itchy and flaky. On the days when my normal moisturizer isn't delivering quite enough moisture to my skin, I reach for this. I apply it to clean, bare skin, before my moisturizer. It goes on like a standard gel product. It's a clear gel that's easy to spread across the skin, and just one tiny pump is enough for one half of my face. Once it dries, the finish is a tiny bit sticky (like most gels), and that's when I apply my normal moisturizer. Then I go about my business and apply my makeup as usual.

I've noticed that my skin just looks more hydrated and a little bit more plump when I use this product. My makeup doesn't seem to settle into the fine lines under my eyes, and even my foundation, concealer and cheek color seem to stay on longer when I use this product. I can apply my makuep at 6AM and by 6PM you can still see remnants of blush on my cheeks (granted it's not perfect, but it's still visible, which is a miracle).

I never in a million years though I could find a product that could add extra moisture to my skin AND function nicely as a PRIMER (and not contain any silicones). It's like the best of all words in a pretty blue tube!

FINAL VERDICT: if you ever have those days when you wish you could add just a tiny bit of extra moisture to your skin without having your makeup slide off your face, this product might be something worth considering. I never thought I could find a product that doubles as a moisture booster AND a primer, but that's exactly what Lumene has done with their Sensitive Touch Arctic Aqua 2-in-1 Skin Perfecting Moisture Booster. It's magic in a bottle as far as I'm concerned, and it has definitely earned a permanent spot in my medicine cabinet. Oh, and in case you were curious, I've been using this product for almost eight weeks now and it has not caused any breakouts or irritation to my skin.

Do you use any Lumene skincare products? Do you think this might be a good fit for your skincare needs? You can purchase Lumene products at your local CVS and also online here. As of the time of this post, this product is on sale at CVS for $10.49 (regular retail price is $14.99).

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Oh WOW! This sounds like the product I've been looking for! My dry skin can never seem to get enough moisture, by the time I've applied foundation it feels dry again. So many moisturizers contain silicone as filler, this one seems well worth the price without them! Thank you so much for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the hyaluronic acid in the product. It binds to the water in your skin, holding on to it longer. Good price, and I love Lumene products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lumene. I use the skin tightening moisturizers for my face & eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Lumene! I use it for my face & eyes. Every so often CVS gives me coupons for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I've been reading your blog for months now and I LOVE your posts! I can't tell you how many items I've purchased after seeing your stamp of approval. I have some extra bucks so I will likely visit CVS tomorrow and pick up this Lumene product as well as the Suave Shampoo/Conditioner you just reviewed since I actually do suffer from dry scalp. Now that I think about it, I'll probably look for the new Dove dry shampoo as well. Thanks so much and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just today, I was looking closely in the mirror and thinking how dry my skin looks. It must be fate you posted this the same day! Gonna give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This brand has some of the most amazing skincare. I myself am a huge fan of the vitamin c + cloudberry serum. Truly amazing, and really does affect your skin. I am going to try this one out too. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to try new moisturizing products (but not sure what to try!). This one sounds great and I haven't tried Lumene products before.

    Thx for the review! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also really like the Sensitive Touch 5 min SOS Cream. I can use this anywhere when my skin gets really dry. I like to use it over my eye treatmemnt (cvs version of roc) and it hasn't caused any break outs or millia.

    I am also a big fan of the Excellent Future Deep Repairing Serum. I just cracked open my 3rd bottle of this.

    I also like the Vitamin C toner when I want to use one. and the artic peat mask (they renamed this).

    I have been curious about this goodie, and can't wait to try it!

    Keep an eye out for good sales on the Lumene line at CVS, not to long ago they had a buy one get one 75% off! I stocked up! And hopefully they will have another one soon. Even the buy one get one 50% off is a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Lumene line, too. Especially (like JoElla) the 5 Min SOS cream. I have the most irritable skin on the face (no pun intended) of the earth, but the SOS cream treats it as if it were a baby's. I think this one costs about $20 at CVS when it's not on sale, still a good deal, since the tube lasts a good while. I also have the night cream for sensitive skin. And, they don't test on animals, which is a real deal breaker for me. Good stuff. Glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have u tried the hada labo hyaluronic lotion (looks like a toner)? I swear by it n reading ur post I realized that I used to have the same dry skin like yours. Hada labo is a japanese bratty brand. It can be pricey but I think u get more product per dollar than this lumene, although I want to check our this product also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have u tried the hada labo hyaluronic lotion (looks like a toner)? I swear by it n reading ur post I realized that I used to have the same dry skin like yours. Hada labo is a japanese bratty brand. It can be pricey but I think u get more product per dollar than this lumene, although I want to check our this product also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do I still use a foundation primer after my moisturizer? Please advise. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig