Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken: your favorite overall drugstore brand is...

As always, last month's reader's poll was open for one month and this time around we received over 1,110 votes (thanks to all who voted!). The results are now in and your favorite drugstore beauty brands are as follows:


First Place
Wet n Wild
(551 votes)

Second Place
Revlon
(446 votes)

Third place
NYX
(304 votes)

Honorable Mentions:

Maybelline
(277 votes)

e.l.f.
(275 votes)

L'Oreal
(159 votes)

Wet n Wild is the clear winner, with Revlon coming in second followed by NYX in third place. Are you surprised with the results? Did your favorite brand make the cut? I'd love to hear from you either way!

And as always, if your vote went to "other", please chime in and let us know what brand you would have voted for if it had been an option in this poll.

I want to thank each of you for taking the time to vote in the November poll--I will mention these results in my annual Cheapie Awards post at the end of the year, along with the results of all the other polls that were conducted in 2011. I think it will be fun to do a round-up and take a look back at YOUR favorites this year.

Speaking of favorites, the most important poll of the year (for this blog) is now up: see right-hand sidebar. 

In this post from a few weeks ago, I asked you to name your favorite new product of 2011, and I narrowed down the list based on your feedback. So ALL of the choices in this poll are there because of YOU (I did not determine the choices myself) and the winner will be crowned Reader's Choice for Best New Drugstore Product of 2011 in my annual Cheapie Awards. This category is obviously 100% dependent on you, so please, please take a second to vote, and I thank you in advance!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I don't understand the love for Wet N Wild. I bought that matte palette, and it was atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 of my 3 most favorite brands made it to the top 3 (wnw and revlon) and I'm glad to see Elf so high in the list! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita Rose: I'm sorry that palette didn't work for you. I'm interested to know if your opinion is based on just this one product, or if you've never had luck with anything from WnW. I personally have been a fan of WnW for 20+ years so it's hard for me to relate to your comment, but I'm always curious to hear from people who haven't had any luck whatsoever with a brand (regardless of what brand it is). Thanks!

    PS: I love the matte palette (just wore it today, actually) but I do think a good primer beforehand helps. Sorry again it didn't work for you. If you kept your receipt, you can always return it. :)

    Stavroula: Hey hun! Happy to see you agreed with some of these results. Thanks for the feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love NYX overall and just wet n wild for their eyeshadows...not all of their products are worthy of this high of a "honor".
    Revlon as well has great products that always please me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like Revlon has REALLY been stepping it up these past few years. Or am I the only who has been really pleased with their new products?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted for Revlon. There are some stellar individual products in many of the drugstore brands listed, but if I had to do a complete look using only one brand, I'd pick Revlon. I'd love to see some updating to their eyeshadow products though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that current sidebar poll is SO DIFFICULT!

    I picked the milani baked blushes, but I also LOVE the Sally Hansen nail polish strips.

    And the revlon lip butters and wnw 8-pans are super awesome too . . . this was a good year for drugstore makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to say it because I used to love them, but it does not surprise me that CoverGirl didn't make the list. Their products have gone down hill lately - especially their lipwear. I am surprised the L'Oreal is so far down and that NYX is so high - especially since NYX is not carried by many national retailers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not at all surprised with these results! I think both WnW and Revlon have been coming up with amazing products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved for WnW, so I am happy to see they won. I'm surprised Milani wasn't higher on the list because that would have been my second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 12 % for PF? That is the ONLY brand of drugstore makeup that I could do a full face of makeup with! From skincare to primer to foundation to eyes/lips & cheeks! Wow I'm amazed @ the lack of love for Physicians Formula :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. 12 % for PF? That is the ONLY brand of drugstore makeup that I could do a full face of makeup with! From skincare to primer to foundation to eyes/lips & cheeks! Wow I'm amazed @ the lack of love for Physicians Formula :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. the percentages of the results add up to more than 100%

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig