Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What I'm Loving Right Now



I'm way overdue for a What I'm Loving Right Now post, but I've got a few gems that I've really been loving lately so let's get started!

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara (click here for my original review):


I admit, I've been on a Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express (the yellow tube) kick for a while, but I recently returned to this PF mascara and wow, I completely remember why I fell in love with it in the first place. It might not be for everyone, but for my thin, sparse, short lashes, it's a miracle-worker and I love that it removes so easily with my regular facial cleanser.

Calgon Red Velvet Body Mist (click here for my original review):

Ever since I bought this stuff, I've been practically bathing it in. I just...I can't describe it but it smells divine and not headache-inducing (for me, at least) in any way. And I'm not the only one who's kind of obsessed with it--if you haven't seen this video by the lovely Michelle1218, you'll see I'm definitely not alone! If you like sweet, dessert-type fragrances, you need this one.

Real Techniques Multi Task Brush (click here for my original review):


As many of you know, I'm totally obsessed with powder blushes and from time to time I like to experiment with various blush brushes to see if there's something better out there. When I originally reviewed this brush, I found it too big for blush application, and it's still a bit big for my liking but MAN does it give you the most beautiful whisper of color if you use it right. My beloved Milani Baked Blush in Red Vino can make me look like a clown if I use the wrong brush, and this brush just seems to deposit the most perfect amount of color to my cheeks every time. It's a dream to blend with this brush too.

Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eyeshadow in Sinful Sinnamon (click here for my original review):


An oldie but goodie (I reviewed this one back in February of 2010), I'm LOVING using the reddish-rust shade as an eyeliner (applied wet with an eyeliner brush), like I did in my original review. It REALLY makes the green in my hazel eyes pop, but it's not so bright and wild that I feel funny wearing it in the daytime. I really forgot how much I loved this little duo and I'm so glad I stumbled across it in my "eyeshadow crate" recently.

Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask (click here for my original review):


If you've got oily skin and you want an inexpensive mask that's a joy to use, look no further than this one. It smells amazing, it applies easily and, most importantly, it's SUPER easy to rinse off (I cannot stand masks that take forever to remove). My face feels so incredibly soft after using this product--it's a little gem.

There you go: five products I've been absolutely loving lately. What have you been loving lately? I'd love to hear all about it in the comments!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love those clay masks! I have the other versions as well and they are simply fabulous! Nothing I have tried in more expensive brands beats them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been loving the Nuance by Salma Hayek cucumber and rosewater Dual Phase Makeup remover! It's not oily and doesn't sting my eyes, and it gets all of my eye makeup off! It works so much better than other brands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started using Freeman Mask again. Why did I stop? Oh yeah, for a while it was hard to find. I'm glad it's in more stores now. This is one of those classics that you keep going back to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently grabbed a couple of the True Blue Spa mini's at BBW - a white tea and apricot facial scrub (smells so fresh!) and a blackberry peel off mask. I am really loving them both! In the same trip, I indulged in some of their Shea Cashmere hand creme/lotion. It's amazing. Expensive, but worth the treat, especially for my always dry hands. (Why can't my face be dry like my hands...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eucerin Plus Smoothing Essentials. I love this because it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It's a tad greasy but still a good lotion for me because I hate feeling like I'm wearing lotion.

    Essie School of Hard Rocks. This is probably now my favorite Essie. A beautiful, dusty teal. I'm planning on wearing this a lot in both in the fall and winter. Too bad fall is almost over.

    Burt's Bees lip balm w/ kokum butter. It's slick and light like a lip butter, and there's no menthol to dry out my lips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been keeping my eyes open for Red Velvet, but something that I am loving right now is Cotton Candy scents! It is smelling so nostalgic for me! I have Spun Sugar by C. Boothe and cant get enough! Lotion and dry oil!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to try that PF mascara-the packaging is so cute! I have been loving Maybelline Purple Trend-the dark, plummy brown is perfect for fall!
    Also, I am loving the new Bath & Bodyworks Be Enchanted lotion that I got for a $1! I can't wait until the whole collection comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aztec Secret Indian clay mask -- thoroughly cleans my pores and it costs under $10 at Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe.

    Korres Guava lip butter-Hands down, the most moisturizing lip balm I've tried to date. Sells for about $10 at Ulta or Sephora, but it's worth the money, IMHO.

    China Glaze's fall Metro collection-I've bought at least four colors so far from this collection (using coupons and points at Ulta), and I want more. The polish formula is wonderful and glides on smoothly. I prefer CG to OPI (but I am looking forward to getting polishes from the new Muppets collection-the glitters look phenomenal).

    Revlon nail polishes/Super Lustrous lipsticks and lip glosses-Revlon has become my favorite drugstore brand. The Pearl Plum lip gloss is one of my favorites for fall.

    Neutrogena Sesame body oil-an old staple of mine that combats dry skin.

    I know I'm very late, G, but it's great to see you back, and I'm glad all is much better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I liked the PF mascara, it smudges on me -_- as do almost ALL mascaras.
    I have the Freeman Clay mask too! It rinses off better than other clay masks I've tried but it definitely doesn't come off THAT easily on my face, I have large pores around my nose though

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Sinful Sinnamon duo will always be one of my favorites too! Red and copper shades look best on me. :)

    I recently got Physician's Formula shimmer strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio and I am loving them!! They stay on practically the whole day even when I don't put UDPP beforehand. They left a small crease on the upper part of my eyelid but I'm sure it's just because I have oily lids and I didn't put on primer.

    I'm also currently loving Milani's HD Advanced Lip Color in 114 Candy Apple. I got it for free when they had that 10k giveaway and it's like the PERFECT shade of red on me, it is not drying, and it smells so delicious!

    I noticed my skin has been getting really oily by the late afternoon - ever since I started using blotting sheets & the Clarisonic - so I may want to try the Freeman Clay Mask. I hope it's fine for acne-prone skin too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up a great holo Nicole by OPI glitter last week, and I wore it over a purple polish for about five days and it was great. (I'm now onto Halloween SH strips, but I managed to get a whole manicure out of half a pack, so I have way more than I need to get through Halloween.)

    I picked up some of the Organix skincare line, and I really enjoy the coconut face exfoliator. I'm a bit iffy still on the cherry blossom toner--I don't see results from using toner, so I may not repurchase.

    Continue to love my Maybelline XXL Mascara. I don't know why I ever bother buying other mascaras, aside from that one only coming in black. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mask reminded me of something I've been loving since spring: Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask - worked better for me than just about all the others I've ever tried! Another love is WnW Megalast clear nail protector as a base coat - sticks to my nails like glue!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig