Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Vanilla Mango Peach Pudding Cake

When something this delightful comes into my life,  I just HAVE to share it with you even if it doesn't have to do with budget-beauty. Such is the case with this slice of Vanilla Mango Peach Pudding Cake:


Mr. G brought home this little slice of heaven to me a few days ago from a local Taiwanese bakery, and I can easily declare this the best cake I have ever had in my life.


I'm SO bummed that I wrecked the design on the top before I had a chance to photograph it:


It WAS the most perfect little pink lollipop before my clumsy hands came in contact with it. I love how they used a pretzel for the lollipop stick.


Inside this cake? Well that top layer is peach pudding, while the bottom layer is fresh slices of mango.


The cake itself was vanilla and I swear it was the most delicate, moist, melt-in-your mouth cake I have ever eaten. The frosting was equally light and oh-so-airy. The entire thing was a heavenly combination of sweetness and light and all things good in the world.

If you're ever in San Diego, stop by the amazing Pangea and get yourself a slice. It's around $5 but it will be the best $5 you've ever spent.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Drools! Yumo, it looks so delicious! I wish they would deliver all the way to GA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn. The second you mentioned peach ruined it for me. I really dislike peaches. But it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look amazing. The pictures from there website do too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo. I've been to Pangea but never tried their cakes! I will when I visit SD :)! I have only tried their taro mochi.. it's veryyy popular on yelp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teemetric: How exciting that you've been there! :) I have had the taro mochi and it is sooooo yummy. About the only thing I haven't tried yet is their savory pastries. I always giggle when I see the hot dog ones. :) You HAVE to try a cake next time you're here. Promise? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig