Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sales, sightings and more...

Just a quick update on the Ulta/Target/Kmart weekly sales post. I usually do this post on Sunday, but as of the time I'm writing this, the new Ulta ad is still not up on the Ulta website. Therefore, I'll get my regular post up as soon as the new ad becomes available. Sorry for the delay!

But I do have lots of other tidbits to tell you about in this post so let's get started:

1) Not beauty-related but I would love your help with this--if you're a fan of Lisa and her fab blog Drugstore Divas, please consider voting for her boyfriend, who's in a cooking contest. He entered the Healthy Food Fight contest and if he wins, he'll get to proceed to a cook-off in Philly. Every vote counts, and voting ends tomorrow (Monday). So please take a minute to vote for him if you can by clicking here. Thanks in advance, and I know Lisa thanks you too! PS: You can vote once a day, per email, between now and October 24 at midnight ET.

2) I've heard from a handful of readers who have said they saw an unadvertised sale at their local Walgreens for BOGO1/2OFF Wet n Wild. I haven't been to my local Walgreens today, but if you also saw this sale in your area, please leave a comment and let us know. Three readers said they saw sale signs up on the Walgreens Beauty Bar display, so that would be GREAT if the new products were included in this sale!

3) YouTuber 02mariaa was kind enough to let me know that all OPI, including the new Muppets Collection, are BOGO1/2OFF off at JC Penny Salons Oct 23rd-Nov 1st. Yay!

4) Speaking of nail polish, reader Ariana kindly alerted me to the fact that Stila now makes nail polish! (I can't quite remember if they used to sell nail polish back when the first started--anyone else remember?). Anyway, thanks to Ariana for the scoop--check it out:


5) More nail polish news: a few readers have told me over the last few weeks that they've been receiving a $2 off Essie coupon from Rite Aid via email. Well I FINALLY got mine, and here's what it looks like (these coupons are unique for each Wellness+ member so I've blacked out the barcode to avoid duplication):

You KNOW I'm going to be using this to buy one of the new Cocktail Bling polishes, but oooh, which one? If you're a Wellness+ member and not already signed up to receive their emails, you're missing out on valuable coupons like this so I'd consider signing up!

 That's it for this post, but please stayed tuned--I've got some holiday polish sightings on the way!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I spent my morning going to 4 Walgreens in my area looking for the WnW baked eyeshadows with no luck in anof them :(. Only one had signs up stating BOGO50 on WnW so either it's hit or miss as to which stores are running this sale or those other 3 stores were just lazy and hadn't put up signs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Stila used to make nail polish, way back in the day! On my first-ever trip to Sephora (I think it was about 15 years ago) I bought a Stila lip gloss and a nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you times infinity for posting about my boyfriend's recipe contest. Fingers crossed for him. Thank you so much to anyone who votes for him for the next few days. Every vote counts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On those new Wet n Wild beauty bars they do say buy one get one 50% off but they don't ring up that way. I bought the 3 baked eyeshadows and an eyeliner and they were all full price. Not sure why it says that on there.
    Also about the Ulta ad, there isn't one this week since they mailed out 20% total purchases for basically everything in the store, therefore there are no sales.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Walgreens (in SE Delaware County, PA) had signs up for BOGO50% W&W, but it doesn't have the Beauty Bar yet so I can't comment if the BOGO applies to the new palettes or not. I've been stalking the Walgreens for these palettes tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a note about the RiteAid Essie coupon - it's only good on the Fall Trend shades. I picked up Power Clutch and love it! Had a hard time choosing between it and Lady Like, I think I may have to go back for that color as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a note on the RiteAid Essie coupon - it's only good for the Fall Trend Shades. I got Power Clutch but I think I may go back and pick up Lady Like if it's still available.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the BOGO 1/2 off of Wet N Wild here in SE Virginia. Still no baked palettes though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I guess I better start signing up for rite aid emails. But the strange thing is when I was at cvs today I scanned my card at the coupon scanner I got a $2 off any Essie nail color or treatment. :) not sure if everyone who scans their card gets one but it was the only one that printed

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes the Walgreens sale in my area is having that sale, actually saw it on my receipt because I knew I was suppose to be paying more than what she told me, glad I saved some money on getting those baked shadow palettes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have that sale near my area, I believe it is also available online but for certain items. The ones not included were the blushes and lipsticks if im not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work at Walgreens in Ohio. All WnW is on a month long "Megasaver" sale until about November 26th. I put out my stores Beauty Bar display today, and picked up two of the palettes (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got BOGO1/2 on the new matte and a baked WnW eyeshadow at Walgreen's yesterday! I took a pic of the display but I don't know how to add it on here so I'm going to tweet it to you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was on a drugstore reconnaissance mission today. The two Walgreens I went into in NYC (57th & 9th and Broadway & 97th) both had BOGO ½ signs up, but no Beauty Bar as of yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig