Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, October 31, 2011

Review: Hard Candy World Balmination Glossy Tinted Lip Balm in Lovestruck

Given my obsession with tinted lip balms, I've been wanting to try one of the new Hard Candy World Balmination Glossy Tinted Lip Balms ever since I first saw the press release. How cute is that name? 

Today I'd like to show you the shade Lovestruck, which I recently received for review:

 Hard Candy World Balmination Glossy Tinted Lip Balm in Lovestruck
(retail: $3 each)




These balms contain a bit of shea butter, coconut oil and mango butter, which I think gives them a bit of a creamy feel on the lips. For me, this is a lightweight balm that doesn't feel overly waxy or heavy, and I find that it glides across the lips easily without any tugging or pulling.


The fun design (all eight shades in the range have their own distinct design, by the way) should appeal to younger users, as well as those who are young at heart.


In the above photo, I did not twist the stick up. In other words, this is how far the balm extends from the actual tube. You cannot retract the balm any lower, so you'll need to be careful to not nick the balm when removing or replacing the lid. Also, this is one of those balms that you need to be careful with during application so as not to snap the balm off where the stick meets the edge of the tube. I've had that happen to me before, but that was with a drier balm. Luckily, this is a slicker balm so you won't need to apply much pressure to the lips during use.


The tint of Lovestruck is a pretty, sheer bubblegum pink. The pigmentation is not intense, but rather it gives the lips a soft, subtle wash of color. 


The flavor and fragrance of this balm match the color. To my nose, it's a sweet strawberry bubblgum fragrance and the flavor is sort of like a creamy sweet bubblegum. I find neither the fragrance nor flavor to be super strong or overpowering and both seem to fade after a short time on the lips.

FINAL VERDICT: If you're in the market for a fun, youthful new lip balm with a friendly pricetag ($3),  you might want to check these out the next time you're at Walmart. The shade Lovestruck is a sheer bubblegum pink that I think would work on just about every skintone. It's not big on pigmentation, though it does deliver a soft wash of color. I think this is a moisturizing balm with a light feel, but perhaps not moisturizing enough for those with severely dry lips. It's a fun product in cute packaging that's easy to keep in your purse for a quick dose of light color and moisture.

Do you own any Hard Candy World Balmination Glossy Tinted Lip Balms? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them?

 A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I LOVE these lipbalms! I have two--Vampire Bite and Starfish, and they are both amazing. Vampire Bite is a pretty bright red; not fire-engine red, but brighter than I'd normally wear, but since the color is so sheer it's actually wearable. My skin is pretty pale, so I was surprised at how good it looked. Starfish pretty much matches my natural lip color when I put it on, which is awesome. Neither of them really have a flavor, and I didn't detect much of a scent either, but they're faintly sweet. I really love them--I'm sure I'll eventually buy a few other colors. I'm quite tempted by the purple one :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute and cheap! I just wish they had a bit more color payoff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I got a NYC Applicious balm yesterday (in Apple Blueberry Pie) that performs much the same function for $2 (on clearance!) at Target.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig