Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, October 2, 2011

MAC Antiqued dupe alert

You know I love my bronze eyeshadows, so when I recently made this discovery I just had to take some pics to share it with you!

It turns out that the bronze shade in the Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Palette Love Struck (click here for pics and swatches), is a nice match for MAC Antiqued. Palladio Love Struck contains four shadows (two shimmers, two mattes) and retails for $7.99 at Sally Beauty. MAC Antiqued retails for $15.

 Photo taken with flash

Photo taken without flash

In the following pics, both shadows were swatched without primer:



Clearly this isn't an exact dupe, however I do think they're quite close! The MAC shade has more of that beautiful rose-gold shimmer but in the pic above, you can see that the Palladio shade does have a touch of rose-gold to it as well. 

I think that MAC Antiqued is more pigmented overall but, if used with primer, the pigmentation of the Palladio shadow is quite impressive. Plus, Palladio Herbal Eyeshadows contain shea butter, which I think gives them a beautiful, creamier consistency.

I've seen the Palladio palette at my local Sally Beauty (as well as online) and I believe that Ulta also carries Palladio. I hope that helps some of you who have been wanting MAC Antiqued.

Some of the products featured in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow thats pretty amazing !!!!

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You say it isn't an exact dupe, but it looks pretty exact to me! If you didn't have them labeled I wouldn't be able to tell the difference :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comparison and swatches!! I love how close they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that they are really really darn close! Since rose gold seems to be a color or the moment, the Palladio just may be a good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo helpful. I've been wanting antiqued! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig