Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, October 14, 2011

I'm back! (What'd I miss??)

Today's sunset, San Diego (10/14/11)

Hello, my lovelies! I'm BACK! Yay! (The sunset today was just so beautiful I had to whip out my camera and take a pic!)

First and foremost, I want to thank each and every one of you for the loving messages you've left me here, on Twitter and on Facebook over the past week. I just cannot, no matter how hard I try, find the words to express how much it meant to me to see these words of support and love from you about my dad. I could write a blog post every day for a year straight and still not accurately express how grateful I am. So before I start crying (again), I just want to say thank you, from the very bottom of my heart. I will never forget this outpouring of love, and it truly has made all the difference during those quite times in the hospital waiting room. I reached for my phone quite often to read, and re-read, your messages and I'll never be able to thank you enough for them.


The GREAT news is that my dad is now home, resting comfortably, and on the mend! YAY!!! He's in great spirits and our entire family is just SO happy and grateful!

In fact, my dad is doing so well that I came home in great spirits and actually felt like blogging for the first time in a week. I have never gone this long without writing a blog post since I first started my blog almost three years ago and, honestly, it feels very strange to be writing again. But of course it also feels like home. :)

So let's get down to business! I'm so ridiculously behind on blogging at this point, but here's a little list of things that I want to cover ASAP:
  • The Target Beauty Bags! Many of you have written to me to say that you received yours (I haven't yet, which probably means I'm in the last shipment, like last time), but I have been sent numerous pictures from readers who HAVE received them, and I want to post those so that we all know what we can look forward to!
  • The Rite Aid beauty clearance sale! WOW! I stay away from the drugstores for a week and all heck breaks loose! Depending on where you live, you may have noticed that MANY of the LE displays at Rite Aid from the summer and fall are now on 50% off clearance. I'll post more details about that soon (hopefully tomorrow) but please don't wait: get to your Rite Aids ASAP and look for those clearance tags (and yes, you can use coupons on clearance merchandise!).
  • The 40% off + $2 +UP Revlon deal at Rite Aid! I popped into a Rite Aid tonight and since I live in a test market, the weekly sales start on Thursdays for me. So I was SHOCKED to see the Revlon deal that will start for the rest of you this Sunday. Um, not only is ALL Revlon 40% off, but you get $2 +UP Rewards when you buy ANY lip color or nail color! THAT'S ON TOP OF THE 40% OFF SALE! So I bought one of the polishes from the Expressionists collection for 40% off (it came out to $2.87) and THEN I got $2 back in +UP Rewards, bringing my total down to just $0.87 for a bottle of polish (if I had had a coupon it would have been FREE, and there IS a coupon on the Video Values site that I forget to print out, darnit). I'll of course post more about this tomorrow in the Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sale post, but I just wanted to give you something to look forward to next week!
  • Reviews, reviews, reviews! 
Actually, I would like to leave this up to you: I've got SEVERAL products that I need to review and I literally do not know where to start. So here's the list, and if you have a preference as to which product you'd like to see reviewed first, PLEASE leave a comment and I'll do my best to review it ASAP:

Jordana (an overview with swatches of the products now sold at Walgreens)
Revlon Lip Butters
L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara
City Color holiday 2011 collection
Sinful Colors Winterberry nail color
Nicka K. (NK) nail enamels and crackle polish
Shea Moisture haircare (various products)
Avon Outspoken Intense by Fergie eau de toilette
Sally Hansen beauty tools and cream blushes

I think that's all that I'm currently ready to review, so please, if you have a preference, let me know what you'd like to see first (but of course I'll review everything eventually)!

And I am super back-logged on new product sightings--I've got TONS of pics I need to crop and edit and I'll try to post the first batch ASAP. Please bear with me as I try to play catch-up, and again, I apologize if you have emailed me and not received a response. It's going to take me a while to sort through my in-box, so thanks for your patience!

SO great to be back!

G. xo
SHARE:

27 comments

  1. G I'm so glad your dad is doing better! I would love to see the new sinful colors polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that things have gotten better, and am so excited that you're back! Can't wait to see what you've got in store :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many hugs to you and your dad G! I've missed ya. :)

    REVLON LIP BUTTERS! I keep hearing about them and want to try them so bad but have yet to see a display in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're back! Seconding Carmen, I'd love to see SC Winterberry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very thankful that your dad is doing wonderful! Here's to hoping he gets better sooner than later. :) He's a very lucky man to have such an amazingly supportive and loving family that I don't really doubt he'll be up and about sooner than you think.

    I personally have no preference. I'm just glad to have you back. :D We've missed you, G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara is the one on your list that I am most interested in but will look forward to your reviews of all of them! Glad you're back & things are going well for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sally Hansen came out with cream blushes? Tell me more lol xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Revlon Lip Butters! L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara! City Color holiday 2011 collection! Sinful Colors Winterberry nail color! Ah, hell, anything! Missed you! So glad your dad is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that your dad is doing better! I would love to see your reviews on the Revlon Lip Butters and the Sally Hansen beauty tools and cream blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad that you're back and also happy to read that your dad is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really glad your father is well. I can 'feel' how happy you are by how you write.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you're full of good news! I'm so glad your dad is doing well. Thanks for the heads up about the Revlon deal at Rite Aid - I don't usually go there on Sundays but I may make a special trip for this one. I'd love to know what you think about the Revlon lip butters. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Revlon lip butters! Also glad to see that I am not the only one who hasn't received the Target beauty bag yet.

    I hauled big time with the Rite Aid clearance sale :). Got 2 of those Physicians Formula shimmer strips liner trio/eyeshadow sets for $6/ea! I also got some Revlon and Maybelline nail polish as well as a Maybelline gel eyeliner in Sapphire :D

    I'll have to check out that Rite Aid Revlon sale...there are a few I want if I can find them!

    And of course, so glad to hear your father is feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd like to see the Winterberry color by Sinful Colors and the Jordana products.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please do Jordana first! I've been wanting to try more Jordana products. I rarely ever heard anyone talk about Jordana

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you are back and I hope dad continues to improve and is up and about very soon. Would love to know more about Lip Butters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am SO happy for you that he's better now and safe at home! That's wonderful! *hug*

    I'm pretty curious about all your potential reviews, but I have been dying to know what the Fergie scent smells like especially since it's up for a Fifi award already, from what I hear.

    The sales this week look crazy! thanks for the heads-up especially about Rite Aid- I found one near my workplace that has a LOT more of the good/new stuff than the one near my house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I pick City Color. And it is great to hear the good news on your Dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahhh the power of prayer! So happy your dad is better ( & you are too)! You were missed. Don't run yourself down trying to catch up...don't want you to get sick again. Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SO glad your father is doing great! And I'd love to see swatches and reviews of the Jordana stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so glad your dad and family are all doing well! Its great to see you back with such great news! Heading to Rite Aid now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. So very extremely glad to hear your dad is doing well! I hope things continue to go well for you and your family. As for products to review, I would be most interested in seeing Jordana (I just won something from them in a facebook giveaway, so I am curious), L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara, City Color holiday 2011 collection, Sinful Winterberry, and the Nicka K. nail polishes. But I will gladly read anything you post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's great to hear that your dad is doing well, and it's great to have you back! I'd love to see a review on the Sinful Colors Winterberry nail color! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so happy that your dad is doing better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear G. - Such great news that your Dad is home and well on the road to recovery! Let him know that we still continue to send him good thoughts. Welcome back - we missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's great that your dad is doing better but no pressure, take your time catching up! I definitely missed the daily posts about makeup though, it's great to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  27. At my Payless, all the Unforgettable Memories makeup is on sale for half off! Plus, my store had a $3 off coupon, so I got an eye palette, lip palette, and combo palette for $5! They are really nice too!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig