Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A bit of crackle never hurt anyone...

This post is a follow-up to the post I did yesterday where I showed you how I recreated the Butter London Fashion week look.

If you saw that post, you know that I really loved the color combo of that look, so I decided to use the same colors for a polka-dot mani. Here's that pic again:


Well after I walked around all day with that combo on my thumb, I wondered, "What would it look like if I used a crackle polish on top of the polka dots?

So I busted out the Milani LE Krackle and this is what happened:



I kind of love this!

If you're having issues with applying crackle polishes, here are a few pointers I can give you since I own several crackles from a variety of brands.
  • For optimum "crackle", use a very thin layer of polish on your brush.
  • Be careful to not paint over your original brush strokes. Doing this decreases the crackle effect.
If you look closely at the pic above, at the BOTTOM of my nail, you can see that I applied Milani Krackle in four separate brush strokes and I did not overlap the strokes. This technique seems to yield a very detailed crackle pattern.

Hope that helps you crackle lovers out there!

Some of the products in this post were given to Nouveau Cheap for previous reviews.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I liked the polka dots, even with the bubbles because they looked like eyes. I LOVE it with the crackle! Even though I don't like most of the crackles I've seen. This combination is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredibly awesome! I just bought my first crackle polish today, so I'll definitely try your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the Mardi Gras colors diagonally and then put on black crackle over that. Loved the look so much I use it on my business cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually I'm not a big fan of crackle but this I love! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh that's cool. gah i tried to find that milani crackle this weekend but it was sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cool! I love the effect of the multi color showing thru the crackle!! But...but...how come you have pin holes in your nail? Is that to dry the polish...or....or an accidental meet up with a stapler?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome. Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks cool. I'm going to try to recreate that look for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is the coolest!!!!! love it! hope it lasts awhile for you since it is so cool! are you getting lots of compliments when out and about?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I find that if I want bigger crackle it's best to apply medium coats of crackle to still tacky/ not wet polish and it helps make bigger crackle pieces separate from each other... but it could just be me!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig