Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, August 26, 2011

Spotted: Jessie's Girl Julie G and Essie Carry On collections

I hit the jackpot at Rite Aid the other day and spotted two fun new polish collections!

First up, I know that SOME of the shades in the Essie Carry On collection are also at Walgreens and CVS (in fact I posted a pic of the shades at Walgreens a while back--there are four out of the six colors in that display) but Rite Aid has the FULL collection so in case you haven't seen it yet, here you go:


Enlarge this pic for shade names:


The most intriguing shade, for me, is Power Clutch, because in the store it looks like a regular ol' charcoal gray, but I've seen swatches where the green really comes out when on the nail. So it looks like it's one of those chameleon shades I'm known to obsess over.

Next up, I'm so excited to have already spotted the Jesse's Girl Julie G collection at Rite Aid! Yesterday I saw Jesse's Girl tweet about how this was going to be hitting Rite Aid soon, but I didn't think I'd see it THIS soon! Jesse's Girl also tweeted that this is going to be a Rite Aid exclusive for one month, and then it will available on the Jesse's Girl website beginning Labor Day weekend.

So if you don't live near a Rite Aid, you'll just have to wait until Labor Day and then you'll be able to order these online.

Click to enlarge:

 Left to right: Fashion Friday, Cupcake Frosting, Party Dress, All things Girly, Beauty Guru, Stiletto, Mermaid's Lagoon, Girls Night Out

The Jesse's Girl Julie G Collection retails for $3.99 each and the bottles are the same size and shape as the core collection polishes.

I apologize for not getting more pics of the display--the tear pad is blocking your view of Fashion Friday, I know (by the way, the tear pad contains info about Julie G's Youtube channel--it's not a coupon).

Six out of the eight shades here are cremes (no shimmer, glitter, etc.). I think that all of the shades in this collection are very pretty but, after looking at each polish in the sunlight, there are TWO polishes that really took me by surprise:

 Stiletto

I know I said I was over greiges, but the beautiful streak of hidden shimmer I discovered when I held Stiletto in the sunlight made me fall in love with greiges all over again. Here's a close-up:


And the OTHER surprise in this collection:

 Mermaid's Lagoon

Do you see that glowing hidden shimmer in this teal creme? OOOH LA LA! It's even more stunning in person!


So I would say the two must-haves in the Julie G. collection are Stiletto and Mermaid's Lagoon, because the hidden shimmer in those shades is such a pretty, unexpected surprise. Beauty Guru would be my third choice--it's a lovely orange creme and my pics don't do it justice.

 So, have you spotted either of these collections in your area yet?
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I saw the Essie display at Walgreens yesterday and almost bought Power Clutch! I am still obsessing over it and may just go back for it. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Power Clutch in my collection, but haven't swatched it yet. I plan to, so I'm interested to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought the whole collection just got done swatching ill send you an email when its up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just sent you an email.. the whole julie g collection is swatched and up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Target just got the Carry On collection, as well. Now I just have to decide which colors to get...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not only have I SPOTTED the JulieG collection, I bought all 8 colors (9 if you count the core collection JulieG shade). I am currently wearing Mermaid's Lagoon on my fingers, and Girls Night Out on my toes, and both are just gorgeous! I was so happy to see the full collection, since no drugstores in my area EVER have any LE collections :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Power Clutch and Carry On from the Essie collection. IMO those seem to be the most interesting shades of the whole bunch. Lady Like, the light pink shade looks so much like Demure Vix, I even held the bottles up to the light and couldn't tell the difference, so if you have that one, you don't need to buy Lady Like. The other shades I'm not crazy about, I don't think this is one of her strongest collections, but the two I did purchase are pretty nice.

    Thanks for all your hard work G!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you watch JulieG on youtube? she has good swatches of all the colors on her videos

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just bought Carry On yesterday after I swatched it on my thumb. I thought I had a color like it, but this one is a deep rich eggplanty color and one worth adding to your collection!

    Power Clutch is calling my name, but I just blew a ton on school supplies (damn kids and their needs! LOL)

    IMO Lady Like is more of a creamy version of Dancing Vix. If you can only pick up a few, this might help you narrow down your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohi definatly want the 2 Jesses Girl polishes you showed very pretty. I like the power clutch from Essie as well. Hopefully Jesses Girl poilshes and cosmetics will go on sale soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw an ad in a magazine for the Essie polishes & wrote down Power clutch to get. I have a Nail polish wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really loving Glamour Purse and Power Clutch from the Essie collection. They apply like buttah! I must admit I have a problem with greiges and greys in general. I don't think I could ever have enough! Lol Stiletto is also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was a little disappointed in the Power Clutch collection. From what I'd seen online, the colors in person were a let down. I'm not a huge Essie fan anyway (their colors are too tame for me), but I had high hopes for this collection -- I love fall colors. In the end, I only bought Very Structured, and I've yet to use it.

    Stiletto and Mermaid's Lagoon are the two Julie G polishes that I picked up as well, and for the same reasons as you -- those little shimmer ribbons are gorgeous! I almost didn't buy Stiletto, but when I saw that silver shimmer, I knew I had to have it in my collection. I can't wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just purchased a few of JulieG collection polishes and i really like them so far!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig