Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 29, 2011

A closer look at the new brow products from Prestige

I went so crazy for the new 2011 lipstick and lipgloss releases from Prestige that I almost forgot to share with you their new 2011 brow collections! There are some great products here for both brow experts as well as the brow-challenged (um, that would be me).

 Prestige Ideal Match Marbleized Brow Pencil in Light/Medium
(also available in Medium/Deep)
(retail: $5.50)

I had been wanting to try one of these marbleized brow pencils from Prestige ever since I first saw the display at Rite Aid, so I was very grateful when Prestige sent me this one for review. Note: the pencil actually comes with more of a fine point, but I snapped the above pics after I had already used it a few times.

I love that this pencil comes with a spoolie, and I find the marbleized colors to really help give added dimension to the color of my brows. As we all know, the hairs on our bodies are not one uniform color (naturally, that is) so it's nice to get a blend of shades when you use this pencil. I do want to point out that the texture of this product is a little bit softer than what I'm used to (I tend to prefer a firm pencil for my brows because I find they work well with my oily skin), so oily skinned gals might want to take extra precautions and not use a lot of moisturizer (or rich foundation) around the brow area prior to using this product, just to ensure better staying power.

 Prestige Brow Perfection Brow Building System in Light/Medium
(also available in Medium/Deep)
(retail: $7.50)

I have to admit, I don't usually go for tinted brow gels. But that's only because I prefer using a pencil due to how sparse my eyebrows are--a tinted gel doesn't give me the definition I need. But as a finishing touch, this product really gave my brows some extra bulk (see the fibers above). I also love that it comes with the clear gel as well.

 Prestige Revitalizing Clear Brow Gel
(retail: $6.50)

This one's my favorite of all the new Prestige brow products. I LOVE clear gels to help keep my brow hairs in place, and I think one's got a fantastic formula. For me, it doesn't flake, it doesn't leave a white glue-like texture behind, and it keeps my hairs in place all day. What more can you ask for in a clear brow gel?


Prestige Brow Perfection Brow Shaping Studio in Light/Medium
(also available in Medium/Deep)
(retail: $8.95)

Last but not least, we have the new brow powder duo with accompanying brush, tweezers and brow stencil. This little compact contains everything a powder-loving gal needs to keep her brows in check! The powder's got a nice, firm texture to it, but don't let that scare you--it's very pigmented and you only need a bit to fill in your brows. I also was very pleasantly surprised by how well the tweezers worked! I was able to groom my brows with ease with them (even the tiny hairs), which is definitely an added bonus.

I hope this closer look at the new Prestige brow products helps you to better determine whether or not any of these products might be a good fit for you.

You can find Prestige products at Rite Aid and Ulta, and also online at both the Prestige website and the Ulta website.

Do you own any brow products from Prestige? How you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I love the Prestige brow liner in Earth Brown. I swear by it and I have not found anything close to what this pencil does for my brows. It has just the right amount of wax and color and does wonders for me. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently picked up their brow pencil in Medium/Deep (so glad it's available in my country XD) and I love it to bits! It makes my brows look effortlessly neat, and I don't have to pluck or shave anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm live in Europe so I can't really find Prestige very easily. Your blog is going to be my go-to site for makeup shopping when I visit the US soon :)
    By the way, your blog is one of my most favorite, so I added you to my blogroll in my new humble bloggy. Is that ok? I don't know the rules!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley: You are so welcome! :)

    MzCherrie: Yay! So happy to hear it works so well for you, hun!

    Dee: Oh that's WONDERFUL to hear! Yay! So glad it's working for you. :)

    thehouseofy: Awww, thank you SO much for that! And OF COURSE it's ok--I'm very honored that you'd want to add me to your blogroll! Thanks SO much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the fiber brow gel after seeing this review, can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a beauty trick i used the white fiber mascara primer on my eyebrows,to thicken them, then ran a pencil thru them and on top a tinted powder. You might already have the ingredients in the fiberbrow in your drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought all of these cause I had never tried any of their products so I figure let me grab everything from them to do a face and different looks and see what they are about, I was very very happy with everything above you mentions as well as other stuff I got from theirs company and loved the PRICE. I found the quality could be compared to higher end cosmetics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA!!! I had no idea there was a fiber brow gel! I'm definitely looking out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear G,

    Can you tell me which Ideal Match Brow pencil I should choose? I'm Asian with very light brows and could use some filling in with a brow pencil. I want to know if I should pick the light/medium or the medium/deep? Can you help me out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just purchased the brow building system gel set. I have tried other brands of powder and many pencils. I really like the tinted, fiber-fill and clear fixer. My only wish is that it came in a lighter shade. The light/medium darkens my dark blond brows a bit more than I prefer. But I can live with this to get thicker, defined brows. Recommended product!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig