Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Weekly Drugstore Makeup Sales


Before I get into this post, I want to remind you that there's a P&G coupon booklet in TODAY'S newspaper (Sunday). I blogged about this yesterday but I don't want you to forget to pick it up (if you're interested) because there are tons of coupon match-ups going on at the drugstores this week (more on that in a bit).

As always, you can click on over to Make-Up on the Cheap to see the full list of all the makeup deals going on this week at the drugstores.

I just updated my picks for best drugstore deals of the week here, and now I'd like to give you some highlights:

AT CVS:
  • There are lots of sales going on this week for P&G brands, which can obviously be used in conjunction with the coupons in the P&G insert. To see the coupons in today's insert and do your own coupon match-ups, click here for the list of coupons, and here to see what's on sale. Also, if you spend $30 on various P&G products, you'll get $10 Extra Bucks for even more savings.
  • No real stand-outs as far as makeup sales this week, but if you spend $10 on L'Oreal, you get $3 Extra Bucks, and Color Riche lipsticks are on sale for $4.99
  • Also, if you spend $10 on Almay cosmetics you get $4 Extra Bucks
  • CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara $6
  • Essence of Beauty fans: all products are 3/$10 this week
AT RITE AID:
  • Even though Rimmel is not on sale this week, there's a printable Rite Aid store coupon for $2 off any Rimmel mascara that I want you to be aware of, because you can combine this coupon with the $1 Rimmel tear-pad coupons that we've all been spotting on Rimmel counter displays at Rite Aid lately. That means $3 off a Rimmel mascara!
  • All Physicians Formula bronzers are BOGOFREE this week.
  • All Almay foundations are $4 off.
  • Free elastic hair bands alert! This week Scunci elastic bands (18 ct) are $1.99 with $1.99 +UP Rewards.
  • There's a special promotion that starts today and goes through 4/26 that I want you to be aware of: all Maybelline cosmetics and Garnier products (haircare, skincare and hair color) are BOGO1/2OFF and you'll get $5 +UP Rewards when you spend $15.
  • All Revlon lip cosmetics and nail polish are BOGO1/2OFF and you'll get $5 +UP Rewards when you buy one lip product and one nail polish in the same transaction.
AT WALGREENS:
  • You can get the new Gillette Venus ProSkin Razor System for just $1.99 this week! How? Well it's on sale for $7.99 with $4 Register Rewards, which brings your total down to $3.99. BUT, there's also a $2 coupon in the P&G insert I mentioned at the top of this post, so that would bring you total down to just $1.99.
  • All Almay Cosmetics are 40% off this week.
  • St. Ives and Noxzema skincare are 2/$6.
  • Pantene fans: this week Pantene is on sale for 2/$7 with $2 Register Rewards. BUT, it gets better because there's a $1/2 coupon in today's newspaper. So that brings your total down to $4 for 2 Pantene products.
  • Free toothpaste alert: this week Crest Max White, Max Fresh and Max Clean toothpastes are $2.99 with $2.99 Register Rewards (free!).
Once again, you can view my picks for best drugstore deals of the week here. Are you looking forward to taking advantage of any of the sales and coupons this week?

PS: Heads-up for Rite Aid shoppers: next week (April 10th) Wet n Wild is going to be 40% off!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I really love that you do these weekly posts because it makes my life so much easier even though i regularly check iheartcvs and iheartriteaid!

    About the Essence of Beauty 3/$10 does this apply to brush sets since some of the brush sets are over $10 already? I have $8.50 in extra bucks and I was going to get the $15 brush set but I'm wondering if you know if the 3/$10 deal works on brush sets. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey G - I was at CVS this morning and saw that a lot of the Physician's Formula line is on sale for $6 off. It appears to be an unadvertised sale but my store had sale signs up on the labels and they did ring up that way.

    It's an odd sale. It's not the whole line but $6 is pretty significant. Especially if you have some of those $3 manu coupons (peelies) or the BOGO peelies.

    I bought blush and powder this morning. The blush was $4.99 (after the $6 off) and the powder was $6.99 (after the $6 off. I also used 2 of the $3 peelies and got both for about $6 total. :)

    Unfortunately your powder foundation didn't appear to be included. Although I didn't scan it so I'm not positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all over that St. Ives deal! Thanks!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to make a note about some Walgreen's. I noticed that some stores aren't printing out RR if you use a coupon in your transaction. I don't know if I just got jipped, but I did talk to a manager there and she told me the same thing. I didn't feel like arguing over it. Not all stores are like this, this was one in the six that I visit regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The $6 off bronzers, powders, and blushes were at my CVS as well. I had some $5 and $4 off coupons, so I bought a bunch of stuff. The powder foundation you recommended was on sale at my CVS for $8.79, without coupons. Will be going back this weekend for more :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almay Oil Free Make-up remover Towellettes are on sale at Walgreens for $3.59. If you use the $2/1 Almay cosmetic product coupon(from S/S 3-6-11) and the $2 coupon for Almay from the Walgreens Beauty Book....free...! Just be sure to buy something else to be able to use 2 coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. G, thank you so much for the notice yesterday about the P&G coupons. I was able to use a few of them to pick up a Crest 3D White rinse (already on sale this week at Target) and Olay Shea body wash. I also spotted the first full-sized bottles I've personally seen of Olay's new scented body washes, which you posted about recently, at Target. I think they run around $5.99, but there's a $2 off P&G coupon in yesterday's insert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AngelicBetrayal: That is a VERY good question. The ad says "bath, body and accessories" so I'm not sure if that means BATH accessories, or ALL accessories. If you go to CVS and check, could you let me know? If I get there within the next few days, I will definitely let you know what I find. Thanks! :)

    Lindsay: First of all, how SWEET was that of you to check my powder foundation? Thank you so much!! And you know, I've been hearing from several readers that there are crazy discounts right now on PF at both CVS and Target. So thank you for the additional info! I can't wait to go see what I can find. xo

    AKB: Yay! :D

    Love, B: Wow, this is the first I'm hearing about this! Thank you so much for letting us know--I will definitely try to use a coupon this week and see what happens. That would be a huge bummer if they no longer accepted coupons for RR deals. :(

    Angela Van: Girlie, you scored! Thanks for confirming that this sale was at your location too!

    Ann Marie: Oooh, that's a great deal! Thanks SO much for the tip! :)

    sabrinaj99: You are so welcome, sweetie! I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of them! I have spotted the Olay body washes (full size) at both Walgreens and CVS, but not at Target! Funny how that works, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soo happy I went and checked ouy my CVS. They finally had the Physicans Formula happiness boosting blushes in! Mine has been sold out since they came out. Well with the six dollars off and then there was a four dollar off peelie I got them for two bucks a piece!! How is that eveen possible??!! It was my best find in awhile. My hubby was with me and I started throwing em in the basket all excited! He thinks im nuts. But he loves it. I ended up gettting one in each color for me and my daughters.We were all happy girls yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig