Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 8, 2011

The results are in! Your favorite drugstore eyeshadow brand is...

In what will come as a huge surprise to absolutely no one, Wet n Wild won the Nouveau Cheap Reader's Poll for favorite drugstore eyeshadow brand!

After 1,429 votes, here are the results as voted by YOU:

First place:
Wet n Wild (595 votes)

Second place:
NYX (229 votes)

Third place:
Maybelline (108 votes)

Rounding out the bottom:

Jesse's Girl and Black Radiance (3 votes each)
Palladio (1 vote)

There were also 17 votes for "other", so if you voted "other" I'd love to hear what brand you WOULD have voted for if it had been an option in this poll!

My feelings about some of the lower-scoring brands is that they don't necessarily have bad eyeshadows, but perhaps your access to them isn't great, so you haven't had a lot of exposure to the them. Would you agree with that?

I'd love to hear your thoughts about this poll--do you agree with the results? Are you surprised that some of these brands didn't score higher (or lower)? What do you think?

And please don't forget to vote in the new poll, which now on the right-hand sidebar. This month we're tackling blush, and I cannot WAIT to see who wins! As always, I will run the poll for one month and then post the results for discussion. Thanks to everyone for voting in these polls. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do--I always learn SO much from you!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Wet n' Wild & Nyx are both fantastic. I like that they did well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with the results. In fact, I think if you posted this same poll maybe a year and half ago the results would be entirely different. Wet n' Wild has really stepped it up as far as quality of their products over the past year or so.

    I find their eyeshadows from color selection to formulation comparable to high end brands. My entire eyeshadow collection is now 90% Wet n' Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these polls! It's so fun to see what other people think. By the way, did you purposefully leave out Milani for the drugstore brand blush? I was going to vote for them because I love their baked blushes, but if you left them out on purpose I'll vote other!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey for Wet N Wild! I have only two of their palettes but I LOVE THEM so much. What I like most about them is that they're so soft and silky to the touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phyrra: Yay! Glad you agree. :)

    Stephanie: I totally agree--their shadows just keep getting better and better!

    Jessi: OMG, NO, I did not purposefully leave out Milani! Thank you SO much for catching that--I'm going to have to take down the poll and create another quickly--it won't let you change anything after votes have already been cast. Thank you SO much for bringing this to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I voted "other" because I don't have any drugstore eye shadows! I fondle the WnW but I bought a killer Urban Decay palate (UD hearts NY from Sephora) and I can't justify more shadows. Eep! But I love how pigmented they are without being allergic to them like MAC, Revlon, or Cover Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aya: I agree! They are super silky and easy to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hermione: No drugstore eyeshadows? *gasp* LOL!! Well, the next time you're running low, I would definitely consider giving WnW a whirl, especially since you've already "fondled" them. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted Wet n Wild because I couldn't decide, honestly. It was a toss-up between WnW, NYX, ELF, and other, because I love my Coastal Scents palettes, and I'd consider them "drugstore" because of their prices. The thing that stopped me from voting WnW with full confidence is because they don't have many neutral colours, and I have quite a few Urban Decay palettes that make up my more colourful shadows.

    I also find it funny that NYX is considered drugstore and CS isn't, because I buy both of them, and most of my Milani products, online because of where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted for wet n wild but I Jesse's girl is another that is fantastic-- Since it is not available in my area, I have to order online.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah: You know, I had a tough time debating on whether or not to include NYX, but since some of their products are now available at CVS, I think that officially makes them "drugstore". :)

    iseela: I'm so sorry you don't have access to Jesse's Girl in your area. Boo! And yes, I like their loose shadows quite a bit--we have them at Rite Aid here in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig