Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, April 15, 2011

More info about Ruby Kisses

Wow! I had no idea that my last post about Ruby Kisses would receive so much feedback. Thanks to all of you for your questions and comments! I want to tell you all I know about this brand so that those of you interested in getting some of their polishes can (hopefully) find them a little easier.

In my city (San Diego) it's only available in independently-owned beauty supply stores. I tend to have the best luck in urban areas, and I think the best selection is at OK Beauty Supply on University Ave. near SDSU (by the way, this store also has a great selection of NYX cosmetics and Jordana nail polishes and the prices are fantastic).

If you're not in San Diego, I would suggesting calling around to your local indie beauty supplies and asking if they carry Ruby Kisses (be sure to ask if they carry NAIL POLISH, because Ruby Kisses also makes lots of makeup products too).

As for finding Teal Envy, I'm afraid that since this is a new release, you probably won't have much luck looking online for it if you REALLY want it. I noticed that doing a google search for "Ruby Kisses Nail Polish" brings up lots of online beauty supply sites that carry this brand for anywhere from $1 to $1.99 per bottle, but they don't seem to have the new releases up on their sites.

The only shade I can think of right now that is remotely similar to Teal Envy and is easily accessible is China Glaze For Audrey. Here are both shades, for comparison:

Ruby Kisses Teal Envy
China Glaze For Audrey

As you can see, For Audrey isn't as bright or vivid as Teal Envy, but it's still a gorgeous shade and sort of in the ballpark.
Another teal creme that I've swatched in the past is Milani Fresh Teal:

I also looked through the lovely Steph's "Teal" gallery and found some other teal creme options that are more easily accessible than Ruby Kisses Fresh Teal:


I hope this helps those of you who said you wanted Ruby Kisses Teal Envy. If you find it in your area, I would love to know! And maybe one of these other options will satisfy your desire for a nice teal creme polish!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The only places I've found it is in independently owned beauty supply stores (as you mentioned) and at my local flea market. I suspect this is because the folks who own the beauty supply stores often open booths at the flea market, too. Or else they open at the flea market to avoid the overhead of having a permanent store. In any event, the product mix at these places tend to be similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to pick up the China Glaze Four Leaf Clover the next time im at Sallys. I went today and got a new Orly polish in Fancy Fuschia from the Precious collection. It is a beautiful creme pink. But now i want this China Glaze one, or i can get the Elf one the next time i do an order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G. Your photos make the color look more blue than green. Do you agree? Steph's are described as greenish teal. If you agree then I will get 4 Leaf Clover. Otherwise I want to search at Sally and the 1 other beauty supply near me. Thanks ,G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh also when i went in Sallys today they gave me a sample of some new mane n tail color protect shampoo and conditioner. ill have to try it and see how i like it. I dont know if its sulfate free cause it didnt have ingredients on the sample. I hope i like it as i am about to get my hair colored again. but its hard to tell if a color protect shampoo works well by just using it 1 time. At least Sallys will let you exchange it if it doesnt work well for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig