Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 11, 2011

Spotted at the drugstore: new haircare products and more

I recently spotted some more new haircare products at the drugstore, and some other new goodies I wanted to show you. But first, I wanted to let you know that I saw the newly revamped Sally Hansen Carmindy display at my local CVS, and it looks like they've paired the line down considerably:


On the top rack we have the eye and face primers, followed the foundations, blushes and then the bronzers at the bottom. So the lip glosses, lipsticks, eyeshadows, eyeliners and mascara have gone bye-bye. Do you spot any other products now missing from this display?

At Rite Aid, I spotted lots of new products:


This is the new John Frieda 3-Day Straight spray, which I believe you're supposed to use in conjunction with your flat iron.


These are some new Marc Anthony products (I already showed you the new dry shampoo on the right in a previous post). There's also a new argan oil product and a split end mender. I'm assuming both products are oils.



These are some new Salon Grafix products. I had read something a while back about how they were planning to release a new heat protector spray that is supposed to protect your hair up to 450 degrees, so I was happy to see this already on store shelves. Also new, a curl boosting spray and a shaping mousse.


I'm not sure how new these are, but this is the first time I had seen the Cetaphil body wash and body moisturizer, so I wanted to include it for you Cetaphil fans.


And finally, I love that Rite Aid always puts out new Demeter fragrance displays at the start of every season. This one includes Pure Soap, Baby Powder, Magnolia and Lilac. I used the tester of Magnolia since this is the only one I hadn't sniffed before. My goodness, this is a beautiful, clean, floral scent. I LOVE it and now it's on my wishlist.

That's it for this drugstore report. Have you seen or tried any of the new products mentioned in this post? Are you sad about the smaller Sally Hansen Carmindy display? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Hey G! I love that you always spot new stuff! Anyway I noticed my CVS downsized their Sally Hansen by Carmindy line 2 weeks ago because they're displaying Essie Nail Polishes now at my CVS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Carmindy eyeshadow palettes and lipglosses are fabulous. It's a shame those had to go, but I'm glad I bought a bunch at the 75% off clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously regretting there not being a Rite-Aid anywhere near me with each passing blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to throw it out there that I've tried the John Frieda 3 day straight and I do like it! I've finished a whole bottle (it doesn't last that long), and plan on repurchasing it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, Demeter at Riteaid? I never knew! I love Pure Soap, sometimes I find it at TJ Maxx or other stores, but obviously I need to head to Riteaid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chantel: So glad you like these types of posts! Thank you! And yeah, I don't think the reduction of Carmindy products is directly related to the new Essie displays, but I'm glad to see Essie now at CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens AND Walmart! :)

    Denise: I'm glad you got to stock up on them at the clearance sale too!

    silvertales: Awww, I'm so sorry you don't have RAs in your area. :(

    lipglossspandex: Oooh, thank you SO much for the feedback about this product!!! I really appreciate that! :)

    Love, B: Yep. They've been carrying them there for, I'd say, at least a year now (look in the new product area). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the Carmindy blushes (specially the cream) but I'm not sad to see the eye liners go from that range. The liquid eyeliner made my eyes itch like CRAZY and I don't have sensitive skin at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig