Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Review & Swatches: Milani LE Créme de la Créme Collection


A little while ago I told you about a neat offer currently on the Milani website regarding the limited edition Créme de la Créme Collection. Throughout the month of March, if you purchase one of the polishes in this collection, you'll receive the corresponding Créme Brulip Color Gloss for FREE!

I received two of the four polish and gloss sets for review recently, so I'd like to show them to you in case you're thinking about making a purchase.

First up, the Parfait set:

Milani Nail Lacquer in Parfait (retail: $4.49)
Milani Créme Brulip Color Gloss in Raspberry Parfait

I want to apologize for the blueish tint that's present in most of these pictures, but I had to color-adjust them in order to show you the true blueish undertones in some of these shades (my camera has a hard time picking up blueish tones).

For both of these sets, I'm going to show you the polishes first, and then talk about the glosses at the end of the post.

Raspberry Parfait (two coats, no top coat):



Parfait is a tiny bit darker in real life than in the pics above. It's definitely in the same vein as OPI My Auntie Drinks Chianti, and I think it's just one of those universally flattering shades that many different skintones can wear.

The Sugar set:

Milani Nail Lacquer in Sugar (retail: $4.49)
Milani Créme Brulip Color Gloss in Sugar Glaze

Sugar (three coats, no top coat):



Sugar required three coats for perfect opacity, but you could probably get away with two thicker coats and be fine. In real life, this is a pretty bubblegum pink with just a tinge of a blueish undertone. I love it.

And now some swatches of the Créme Brulip Color Glosses:

Top: Sugar Glaze
Bottom: Raspberry Parfait


If you like very opaque creme glosses with no shimmer or sparkle, you definitely might want to check these out. I was seriously stunned by their opacity. I'm sorry I didn't have time to post swatches on my lips, but let me just tell you that Sugar Glaze (the nude shade) completely cancels out the pigmentation of my lips and goes on almost like a glossy concealer. If you're looking for a hardcore pigment-canceling nude gloss, you might want to considering this one.

I don't find these glosses to be sticky or excessively heavy, but given their insane opacity, you will feel them on your lips (but not in a suffocating way). Also, the applicator is a standard doe-foot, in case you were wondering.

Regarding the fragrance, they really do smell like créme brulée! My goodness, they smell amazing! If you're a dessert lover, I think you're going to fall in love with this scent. To my nose, the fragrance is creamy, custard-y créme brulée with a hint of fresh (not toasted) marshmallow. YUM.

I don't pick up a strong flavor to these glosses--just of touch of sweetness that mirrors the fragrance. Both the fragrance and flavor last for about 5-10 minutes on my lips before they fade.

FINAL VERDICT: Every spring, my love of pinks seems to reinvigorate itself, so this collection could not have come at a better time for me. If you love pinks in the springtime, you might want to consider giving these a whirl if you find the display at your local drugstore (or purchase them online). I think the free online gloss deal is great way to try one of these glosses, especially if you love opaque, creme glosses. Seriously, the opacity of these babies is mindblowing, so if you're looking for a shimmer-free gloss that will cancel out the natural pigmentation of your lips, these are worth considering.

If you can't find this display at your local drugstore, you can purchase the polishes online and receive the corresponding lip gloss for free. This offer is good through the month of March. For more info and to see the full range of shades (four sets in all), click here for my original post.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Great review! Thanks :D I like the Sugar polish, but the Raspberry Parfait lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if these are the same colors from last spring. I have some glosses from Milani that look just like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I'm interested in the Sugar Glaze lip gloss, might be great for a nude lip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the names on these sets,they are sugar sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! I made a promise not to buy any more nail polish! Love this pink...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the looks of those lip glosses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love creme lip glosses and only recently have been branching out into more opaque lip color. I hate buying a lip gloss that looks like a creme only to later realize it has shimmer. I am really looking forward to these and will definitely keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those nail polishes look AWESOME and sooo pink. :) Do they chip severely? I have a Milani polish in black and wasn't too impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow these pinks are gorgeous!!! I love the glosses as well! i am going to hope for 2 things. That at some point they are available in stores even without the deal! And that I can actually get to the 1 CVS in Central NY some time soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. NeutraKris: Thanks, honey!

    I bleed pink: You know, I remember that collection from last year, but I'm sorry I can't confirm if these are the exact same shades. :(

    S.N.: It's definitely the one you'd want for a nude lip, but just be warned that it completely cancels out my natural lip color. If that's what you're looking for, I'd definitely give it a try!

    Jackie: Me too! :)

    Lilybeans: Haha! I understand that one. :)

    EauMG: They are so opaque it's crazy!

    Jessi: I hate that too! But let me assure you, NO shimmer in these. Just creamy, opaque goodness!

    sheridan_amazon: You know, I think it all depends on your base and top coats. If I don't wear my usual base and top coats, I might see chips in a day or two, but the combo I'm using right now truly extends the life of these (for me).

    robin: Aww, I hope you can find them SOON in your area, hun!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig