Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 6, 2011

New body washes from Caress and Suave

For some odd reason, my local grocery stores always seem to get the brand new body washes long before the drugstores or big box stores in my area. I'm totally not complaining though, because when they first offer new products, they often sell them for an "introductory price" that's a few dollars cheaper than the normal retail price.

I picked up a brand new body wash the other day that I'm VERY excited to share with you ( I'm testing it first because I'll do a formal review of it) but until then, I wanted to show you two other new body washes I spotted recently:

Caress Fine Fragrance Elixirs in Scarlett Blossom
(retail: around $4, 18 oz)

I noticed that this is already up on the drugstore.com site, but this was my first time seeing it in person. The scent description from drugstore.com:

Scarlet Blossom™ with Silky Fragrance Infusion™

Fragrance Pearls™ with the scent of Red Lychee and Patchouli Oil

Want to be enchanting without a spoken word?

Caress® Scarlet Blossom - a finely fragranced body wash infused with Fragrance Pearls which release the scent of Red Lychee and Patchouli Oil. This alluring fragrance, inspired by exotic blossoms at the peak of their bloom, lingers on your soft skin long after you step out of the shower.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you're a fan of Bath & Body Works Black Amethyst, you are going to LOVE this new Caress body wash. To my nose, they smell similar, and if not identical, they're definitely in the same "family".

Next up:

Suave Body Wash in Milk & Honey Splash
(retail: around $1.99, 12 oz)

This also is already up on drugstore.com, but this was my first time seeing it in person.

From the drugstore.com site:

Milk & Honey Splash Body Wash enriched with milk proteins

Enriched with moisturizing milk proteins and the fresh scent of honey, Suave Creamy Naturals Milk & Honey Splash will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth, and delightfully fragrant.

Same great fragrance appeal as Bath & Body Works®*

Made in USA

*Compared to Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Shower Gel. Bath & Body Works is a registered trademark of Bath & Body Works Brand Management, Inc.

I don't get BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar when I smell this one, but I do get milk and honey, and not in that weird synthetic way that you get from other milk-and-honey body washes at the drugstore. This one seems a bit sweeter and creamier to me, and I really like it. I also really love the formula of Suave's creamy body washes (they work exceptionally well with my skin) so I will definitely be picking this one up.

Have you spotted either of these new body washes in your area yet? Do you own either one? How do you like them?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. oooh,
    i love milk and honey scents :)
    i'll have to check that out when my olay body butter ribbons is gone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i dis spot the caress one at walmart, but not sure. but i definetly want to try it. i love black amethyst. my grocery stores usually dont carry stuff sooner, or have the intro price, but i will chck and see. Either way when i run out of my Dove i will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G I wanted to let you know about an awesome deal right now! You have to make an "account" on the Physcians Formula website first. Then there is at thing for a free sample of the eyeliner/or mineral primer thing. They are out of samples at this point but as of now they are printing out $5 off any PF product coupons instead. Check it out- I just printed mine! Oh and as for the "secret word" or whatever you have to input it's either MINERAL or EYEBOOSTER depending on which coupon -but I think they're both the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be able to go straight to the coupon through this link even: http://mypfbeauty.com/user_content/pdf/mineralwear-coupon.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't spotted either of those but the Caress fragrance I'm all over! I was trying to be good and not buy any more body washes till I had finished mine, but I may not be able to withstand temptation with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definatley have to check out that milk and honey one, for the shower i love those "cozy" scents! G, you make me want to go check out my bath isle of target/drugstores. I have to admit, it is a pet peeve of mine when the fragrance name does not make the fragrance's scent obvious. For example, "enchanting flower". What type of flower? What makes it so enchanting, huh? I know, so nit-picky! Oh well, it gives me an excuse to go in the bath isle, open the bottle, stick it right to my nose, and take a big whiff. *Cue weird looks from other shoppers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a milk and honey hand soap right now... from SoftSoap, I think. I really, really love it.

    I have really really really dry skin, though, so Suave washes tend to not do the trick for me. Caress, however, I've had success with, and Black Amethyst is one of my top 3 B&BW scents (numbers 1 and 2 being Moonlight Path and Japanese Cherry Blossom, respectively).

    In fact, I recently ran out of my hoard of B&BW body washes, and, since I'm trying to cut costs, may not restock at all, but switch back to drugstore brands, which have gotten immensely better in the past few years. (And if I *do* restock, it won't be until their Semi-Annual sale, for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for the double-comment... I forgot to ask, have you done any reviews for Bodycology washes? I may have mentioned in a previous comment that I bought one of their new product last week and am giving it a whirl. Was wondering if you'd tried, and/or would like me to report back?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm using the red Caress body wash right now & it smells so good, I luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Caress, and it smells amazing. It smells so much more expensive than it is. I haven't smelled anything like it before. I thought the patchouli would be too heavy or earthy smelling, but it's soft. The other one they have is nice too. I think it's Black Orchid and Juniper oil.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig