Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, February 16, 2011

New China Glaze Crackle Glaze Collection

Sometimes it irritates me when trends swing back around (sorry, I wasn't a fan of leggings in the 80s and 90s and refuse to revisit them now) but I have to admit I'm loving the revival of these crackle polishes! I adore my beloved Barry M crackle polish, but China Glaze is bringing things to another level with their Crackle Glaze collection--look at all the pretty colors!



Here's the official press release directly from China Glaze:

LET’S GET CRACKING

China Glaze Introduces Six New Crackle Colors

Los Angeles, CA – December 2010: Roughed up grunge meets gorgeous glam! China Glaze brings a whole new level to the game with “Crackle” polish! Create endless edgy looks and make a statement with fun, fearless, color. Everyone has asked for it, and now China Glaze is giving it to them! The six different Crackle colors include:

  • Lightning Bolt – White Crackle
  • Black Mesh – Black Crackle
  • Broken Hearted – Pink Crackle
  • Cracked Concrete – Grey Crackle
  • Fault Line – Purple Crackle
  • Crushed Candy – Teal Crackle
An innovative technology allows you to play with a wide array of color combinations and achieve an edgy, new wave look. This unique formula was developed to give your nails a “crackled” design over traditional nail color. Contrasting colors are used one over another to achieve a deconstructed shatter look that takes place right before your eyes. Instant art for your nails!

How do you do it? It’s easy! Apply your favorite China Glaze glitter, shimmer or crème. Depending on the color you are using, apply either one or two coats for full coverage. When the colored enamel is dry, brush on a thin layer of the Crackle color. Allow the Crackle to work its magic during dry time. After approximately 5 minutes when the crackled design has completely formed, apply a top coat to seal the design for prolonged wear.

China Glaze Crackle will be available starting February 2011 at Sally’s Beauty Supply and BSG in 12 piece displays and 3 pack color kits which will include a base color, a crackle glaze (Black Mesh, Broken Hearted or Crushed Candy) and a China Glaze Top Coat.

China Glaze is free of DBP, toluene, and added formaldehyde.

China Glaze nail lacquers are available through salons and professional beauty supply stores nationwide. For more information, visit: www.chinaglaze.com or follow China Glaze on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChinaGlaze

So what do you think? Are you excited about these new crackle polishes from China Glaze? The color combination potential seems endless, doesn't it? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I didn't get on this the last time it was in vogue. I didn't even know it was around then! Where was I??

    But it will be a 'can't miss' collection this time!! I haven't found it yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sounds awesome. I really want to try them out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I can't wait to try them. I am on the hunt right now! Lol thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you said it will be available at Sallys but what does BSG stand for? I have a Sallys close by but they dont have this yet. I was wondering what the other store was. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm actually wearing the black one now! this is my first crackle polish experience and I gotta say it takes some getting used to. very cool effect though =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't waaaaaaaaaait for these. I've checked at Sally's three times already and finally I just asked the girl who works there last time and she was really nice and told me they'd have them either the first or second week of March. And she's really excited about them too and told me she got her boss to order double the amount they usually do of that and Tronica because she knew they'd sell out fast. I love enthusiastic employees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four of the six are on their way to me from victoriasnailsupply.com. I'm very excited about it! This site has good prices, and I've had good experiences ordering from them so far. Looks like three of the colors are sold out already, so act fast if you decide to order from them. Transdesign.com has the promo pics on their website, but they don't appear to be available yet.

    BTW, loved leggings the first time around, and I love them still.

    ReplyDelete
  8. China Glaze's Crackle Collection will not be available at ALL Sally's Beauty Supply stores until MARCH. :(

    As for Tronica, it's still available for sale at CosmoProf (you need to be licensed to buy from there). LOVE Tronica and think I need to go back for a second set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kimberly: Haha! Those old CoverGirl crackle polishes from the 90s (I think they're from the 90s!) are, as you know, surfacing at DT stores, but I'm so bummed I can't find them and I've tried about six DTs. :(

    Glamorous Gia: Me too. :)

    Patrice: You are so welcome!

    ashwillis: Sorry, BSG is actually a division of Sally Beauty that distributes these products to professionals. In other words, that info in this press release is geared more toward salon owners than actual consumers. In addition to Sally Beauty, I'd try your local beauty supply stores if you're looking for this collection (call in advance and ask them before you drive out!). And also, take a look at T-Rex's comment on this post for places to order this online. Hope that helps!

    Cutiegingerbread: Oooh, is there a learning curve to this formula? I found the Barry M so simple to apply, but if there's a trick to these, I'd love to know! Thanks girlie. xo

    Hana: Wow, what a wonderful and helpful employee!! That's great, and I also agree--there's nothing better than an employee that's as enthusiastic as we are about new products. :D

    T-Rex: Thank you SO much for all the helpful info. I really appreciate that!! And btw, I'm cracking up at your leggings comment. I wish I could say the same for me! ;)

    Zadidoll: March? Waaaah! lol! Well, at least we know it's coming, right? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember the crackle trend back in the 90's. Cover Girl made a set. It looked like a nail disease. I thought this will never come back.

    The new version looks better. Maybe because the crackle is a contrasting color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melody: Yep, I just mentioned the CG crackle polishes in my comment above! haha! They're surfacing at Dollar Tree stores now, can you believe it? I personally haven't been able to find them, but I've heard that others have found them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just used my Barry M crackle for the first time and LOVED it. So I did an order for 4 of the CG colours (not the grey or black) and can't wait to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'd like to jump on the crackle band wagon but will wait a couple of weeks and maybe find a CG at DT!
    If not, then I guess I will spring for a full price :P. Anyway, loved leggings back in the day and love them now, G. try a pair with a ponte knit!!!BIG difference! :)

    p.s ladies how can i get my photo to appear on my comments?

    ReplyDelete
  14. In case you guys need more enabling... I just saw swatch pics on Scrangie's website that make me wish I had ordered the pink one, too! And she has a pic of two crackles layered over each other. Gah!

    http://www.scrangie.com/2011/02/china-glaze-crackle-glaze-layering.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want one of these so bad! But, I can't find them anywhere ! Pretty much everywhere I go, they have the OPI Shatter ones, not these China Glaze ones. Sally Beauty had the display, but they were sold out. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig