Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadows

By now you've all probably seen these--I spotted them at Target, Walgreens, and then I also saw this counter display at Rite Aid. But just in case you haven't seen them yet, you should know that Maybelline has reconfigured their duos, trios and quads a bit:


 The new Expert Wear shadows come in four different categories:

 Stylish Smokes and Modern Metallics

Chic Naturals and Perfect Pastels

It looks like the only thing that's staying the same is the singles. The duos, trios and quads have all been reconfigured, and instead of the pans being of equal size, you can see above that the pans in the palettes are all of different sizes and proportions now. I'm not sure how I like this new configuration because it means I might get less of my favorite shade in a given palette. (See that trio on the right in the pic above? I can already tell that I'd want way more green than pink, and you only get the little pan of green.)

As for the colors and formulas, I do not know if these are all new shades and new formulas. I'm not an expert on Expert Wear (no pun intended) so if you know if these are new shades or just repackaged existing shades, please leave a comment and let me know? Thanks!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. i saw this in my duane reade a few days ago! i immediately thought that the taupe single shade, chic naturals, looked so much like WnW nutty. I even held them side by side lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Expertwear shadows and I have about 6 of the quads and trios altogether but I highly dislike the new pan format.... I hope this is not a permanent change and I might have to snag up the remaining interesting shades in the old packaging >.>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw these at Walmart the other day and stopped for a moment to ogle them even though I was technically supposed to be working. I'm intrigued. Maybe they're trying to coax customers into using the bigger pan on the lid and the smaller pans as highlight and crease colors? I didn't pick up a shadow, but perhaps that's the case? Looking at some, though, like the trio in "Stylish Smokes", that doesn't really make sense...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it does make sense to get more of a shade than another one. I tend to use the whiter shades more since I need it to highlight inner corner and browbone. But as you said, there might be a particular shade which you'd finish much faster and you only get a little :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the display. I really don't like the packaging. It seems that there is less product for the pretty colors. I got sapphire smokes quad for the crease and liner shades. But I loved the golden halo single. It is a beautiful pigmented gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This change upsets me lol
    My two favorite quads, Chai Latte and Enchanted Forest, both have one or two particular shades that I love and use daily and when I saw the new palettes, Chai Latte's bronzy brown color is in the smaller pan :(
    And Enchanted Forest, they reformulated and there's a slight color change. So I went out and grabbed back-ups. I looked everywhere for Amethyst Smokes because it has the overly white color in the bigger pan.
    Me no like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the formula is better but the new configuration doesn't make much sense... obviously they should make the lid color the biggest instead of highlighting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, well it sounds like I'm not the only one who doesn't care for these reconfigured pans! I just don't get it--I mean, sure, it's nice to have more of a shade that you're going to you on your lid, I guess. But I like to make up my OWN mind as to which shade I'm going to use the most in a palette. I don't like someone to tell me which shade to use more of, ya know? :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly agree with all the comments here. The new packaging for quads seems awful. Who in hell came up with this heinous idea? And on top of that, I've seen in other beauty blogs that shadows has been reformulated.
    With this new layout i feel like Maybelline will try to enforce customers to use shadows as they say. But this has no logic for me, the lid shadow is awfully small, isn't that the one you'd use more?
    Anyways, it is up to us customers to go directly to Maybelline and give them our thoughts exactly about this, so they'll give us back the previous layout & formula.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bought the gold metallic and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig