Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, August 14, 2010

Review: Tweezerman Pushy & Nail Cleaner

Time for a confession: for the longest time (try all my life) I have never been one to use anything fancy to clean my nails or take care of my cuticles. I've pretty much just stuck with the little cleaner tool that comes with most nail clippers (you know, the one that swivels out from between the clippers) or I'll just use any old orange stick or heck, I've even been known to use a paperclip from time to time.

So needless to say, I'm way overdue for getting a little bit more professional in my nail grooming.  When I was sent this tool from Tweezerman recently for review, I knew it was time to start getting serious.

Tweezerman Pushy and Nail Cleaner (retail: $17)

I love the cute holographic film on the packaging of Tweezerman products, but it also makes them a little bit difficult to photograph.  Hopefully you can read all of the text in the above pics.

Now, I know what you're probably saying. "G., isn't $17 a little steep for a nail-cleaning tool?" And normally I would absolutely agree with you.  But after using the Pushy and Nail Cleaner for a few weeks now, I honestly don't know how I got along without it.


As you can see, this tool is dual-ended. On one end there is the Pushy, which is a blunt-ended tool used to gently push back your cuticles. As the package indicates, this tool is made of stainless steel and both ends have been buffed so that they will not scratch your nails.  

In my opinion, the Pushy is like the Cadillac of cuticle-pusher-backers (yes, that's a technical term). It takes no effort at all to gently push back my cuticles with this tool, and you can really get into every little nook and cranny. The precision I'm able to achieve with the Pushy really blows my mind (especially when compared to what I had been using before).

The other end is the Nail Cleaner.  This tool has a more rounded edge, which means you can really get underneath your nail without fear of jabbing yourself or breaking that delicate skin underneath your nail. Also, I LOVE it for cleaning the little bits of skin and cuticle that gather on the sides of my nails. With barely any pressure, it's like it just whisks all that gunk away and leaves my nails sparkling clean.

If you are ready to take your nail grooming to the next level and invest in a tool that will last many, many years, I would highly recommend the Tweezerman Pushy and Nail Cleaner. It's a dream to use, and did I mention that it also has a lifetime guarantee (just like all Tweezerman tools)?  It's a worthy investment, in my book. Buh-bye, paperclips!

You can purchase the Tweezerman Pushy & Nail Cleaner online and also look for it wherever Tweezerman products are sold. I know that CVS and other drugstores sell Tweezerman products, but I'm not sure if they carry Pushy & Nail Cleaner, so check your local stores.

In the meantime, do you use any Tweezerman products? Are you as pleased with their quality and performance as I am? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. That looks like it might solve my nail polish on my cuticles problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have huge nail problems.... I need this. I haven't bought anything tweezerman because the price seems high but I'm going to splurge on something I really need! They have some really cute tweezers..Thanks for the glowing review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I've seen Tweezerman tools at Bed Bath and Beyond. I don't know if they would have this, but it's another place to check.

    Not much could solve my nail polish on the cuticles problem. I have herniated discs and between that and my meds, I get shaky hands. This is why it's important to me to find nail polish with great coverage. The more coats it takes, the more likely I'm going to screw it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a fairly new reader to your blog, but I love your impressively thorough coverage of affordable cosmetics, especially the nail polish. :) I've tagged you at my blog here: http://impyroghea.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/sweet-friends-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using this e.l.f. cuticle stick that wasn't doing the best job. I think I'm going to pick this up!(;

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love my tweezerman tweezers, they are the only ones i will use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I'm in a nailpolish phase right now, this might comein handy. Thanks for the review - i'll be on the lookout for this product.

    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig