Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Wednesday Question


As you all probably know, I am on a bit of a nail polish kick at the moment. Who am I fooling? I've always been addicted to nail polish, but lately I seem to be posting about it more frequently! Anyway, this week's question is geared more toward my fellow "nailies" but if you're not a nail fanatic, I hope you can still chime in with a response. I'd love to see your answers!

What is your favorite layering polish? In other words, what polish do you love to layer over other polishes to achieve a whole new look or effect?

Right now, I am pretty obsessed with Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure (who isn't, right? I've posted over a dozen swatches of this polish layered over everything but the kitchen sink!). But now I've got this pa polish, "AA32", that has stolen my heart. I especially love it layered over metallic polishes! If you have never layered a glitter polish over a metallic polish, you MUST try it!

In real life, the holo glitter of AA32 over the metallic polish make my nails look like they've got a layer of ice crystals on top of them! I tried to capture the effect here:

(click to enlarge)


So let's hear it! What's your favorite layering polish?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. So far I like DS Design over golds/yellows and I love the Northern Lights topcoat with silver or gold holo over just about everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have few favorites. You have my going through my layering polish drawer now. I'm in agreement with you Hidden Treasure is an amazing layering polish!

    Some others...

    Cover Girl City Lights- silver holographic glitter top coat (my personal fave)

    Cover Girl Crystal Mist- iridescent glitter top coat

    Cover Girl Ruby Dust- Pink & gold glitter with holographic hexagon glitter top coat

    Pure Ice Busted-subtle lavender & gold shimmer topcoat

    Pure Ice Heart Breaker- subtle aqua/icey blue shimmer top coat

    Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty- silver glitter top coat

    Sinful Colors All About You- gold and bronze glitter top coat

    Sorry for the long post :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Hidden Treasure and Cover Girl Crystal Mist.

    If you think glitter over metallics is hot, try glitter over NEONs... you will lose your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2B glitter, looks a lot like konad fairy dust
    etos effect nails 20 fatal: http://you-nailed-it.blogspot.com/2010/05/effect-nails.html
    golden rose flakie

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I totally agree abt Hidden Treasure; I've been putting it over everything.

    StardustStephanie and I share a lot of favorites, esp the Cover Girls and the Sinful glitters. Right now I'm also loving OPI Pearl of Wisdom over dark colors (esp like it over WnW Eggplant). Love your glitter look, Recessionista! I have an LA Rock Star polish with the long pieces of holo glitter that I haven't worn yet; going to try it over a dark pedi next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sinful Hottie & Zoya Raine! You can see them both on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this Revlon Color Beam nail enamel a while back, it's basically sheer color w/ the same color duo chrome. I have it in this purple & light blue, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have two. One is China Glaze Shooting Stars (a lively mixed-size glitter polish), and the other is Nfu-Oh 54 (which is a flakie, like Hidden Treasure, but with a blue/teal/purple/green color spectrum, and a light blue tinted base).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love Nubar's Sour Candy for layering. I also love Nfu.Oh 59, 45, 52, and 60. 52 has blue/purple/opal flakies. 60 has red/orange/opal flakies. 59 has raspberry flakies. 45 has orange/fire flakies.

    I really love Hidden Treasure because it reminds me of rose gold! It goes from gold, to pink, to rose-gold. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My current fave is Hidden Treasure, but I have been looking everywhere for Sinful Colors Green Ocean. I really want to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't layer...yet, but I would like to try Hidden Treasures and Sinful Colors Green Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, you ladies are TEMPTING me! I cannot wait to check out all these wonderful recs!! Thanks so much for all the great, detailed responses! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig