Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sally Hansen Silver Lining

In cased you missed it, there was a great review of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes over at WeHeartThis a few days ago. As part of WHT's review team, I was lucky enough to receive Silver Lining several weeks ago for that review (my review is in the comments) and it has been extremely difficult to keep quite on this color until the review posted! So now that the review is up, I'd like to share some pics of Silver Lining with you.

It was hard to capture the beauty of this shade in photos so I'm including several shots taken in different forms of lighting and at different angles.

First, since Silver Lining is pretty sheer (three coats and you will still have visible nail line), I decided to layer it over a few shades:

 L to R: Sally Hansen Silver Lining, NYC Black Lace Creme, Milani Cloud 9
 

Pinky and ring finger: Silver Lining by itself (three coats)
Middle finger: two coats Silver Lining layered over two coats NYC Black Lace Creme
Index finger: two coats Silver Lining layered over two coats Milani Cloud 9





I wanted to show you this blurry pic because it was the best way to capture the beautiful microglitter that's in this polish. Silver Lining is loaded with silver, gold and violet blue (almost holographic) microglitter. I cannot stress how stunning this polish is in person. It's got a foil-like quality to it that you really need to see for yourself. 

I say, if you're a sparkly silver polish fan, you need this one. I personally can't wait to use it for my next pedicure, layered over a deep blue (maybe Wet n Wild Blue Moon?). 

So what do you think? Are you drawn to this shade? Do you already own it? I'd love to hear your thoughts, and please don't forget to check out the Sally Hansen review over at WeHeartThis (thanks again, ladies, for rocking my world and sending me this shade!). And while you're there, leave a comment and let us know if you're on team "love the brush" or team "hate the brush". :)

Disclosure: This product was sent to me by WeHeartThis.com for review on their website.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. wow it looks stunning over the NYC polish! thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! A breath of fresh air from the ever so popular Hidden Treasure :)

    We Heart This looks like a fun site! I am going to join :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome layered over black! From what I've heard, all of the polishes in this line are very sheer, requiring at least 3 coats, which is the only downfall I see with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this - I'm actually wearing it right now! I have been wearing it for a week today, which is UNHEARD OF. The minute a polish chips on me, that's all she wrote - I can't stop myself from picking it the rest of the way off! LOL. Although it didn't chip or rub off (which frequently seems to happen for me at the tips of my nails), it does seem to dull a bit after a few days, so I've added 2 more coats since my original application. R, we seem to have the same taste in polish - off the top of my head I can think of this, Hidden Treasure, Wet Cement and Steel Gray that we both own. I also checked out the Sinful Colors Nail Art, but I passed because I already had a basket full of stuff. I'm sure there's many more as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did a manicure with Commander in Chic from the Complete Salon Manicure line. I LOVE IT!

    Two coats makes this perfectly opaque for me and it is such a lovely color.

    I'm trying to get my nails longer and prettier for a wedding in about 9 Days so have SH Maximum Growth under and over it.

    I really like the brush also, I fell in love with it with the Insta-Dri polish and it worked great here too!
    Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't have this one yet. And I like the swatch over the Black Lace the best. And I sure can imagine it over Blue Moon.

    CVS has SH buy one get one 1/2 off. And, I have $1 off coupons too.

    Hmmmmm.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. paperheart: You are so welcome! I'd love to know what you think of this one if you get it. :)

    mandabear: I agree! And yes, weheartthis ROCKS! You should totally join. :)

    Phyrra: Interesting! And I agree--that would be the *only* downfall! :)

    JenJen: OMG, you are so right! We *do* seem to have the same taste in polish colors! I love that!!! :D And of course I'm super happy you also own Silver Lining and love it. xo

    Emeryldmist: Oh yes...Commander in Chic was my very first Complete Salon Manicure purchase and I still loooove it. Glad you do too. :)

    Kimberly: Ooooh, it sounds like now is the time for you to stock up, honey! Please let me know which shades you get! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig