Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, June 19, 2010

L'Oreal Hip Pure Pigment Shadow Stick and other Rite Aid clearance items

In case you haven't been to your local Rite Aid in a while, you should know that several of the same products that are currently on clearance at CVS (stuff from Almay, Revlon and L'Oreal) are also on 75% off clearance at Rite Aid right now!  I was very happy that I printed out that $1 off any L'Oreal product coupon from RedPlum.com that I mentioned a while ago, because it came in mighty handy when I saw this:

 L'Oreal bronzers, loose shadows, mineral powders and pigment sticks, all 75% off

I decided on purchasing a HIP product I had never tried before:

L'Oreal HIP Pure Pigment Shadow Stick in Alluring (retail: $10, sale price: $2.50)

I'm totally a broken record, but situations like this are EXACTLY why you should print out any and all cosmetics coupons that you see online (for the brands you like, of course) and just stick them in your purse. You never know when one of them is going to come in handy and you can really maximize your savings. In this case, I used my L'Oreal coupon with this purchase and got this item for just $1.50.  I normally would probably not consider purchasing this product at its regular price, but for $1.50? Heck yes!

Alluring is a beautiful brownish taupe and so far I'm impressed with the pigmentation and how pretty it looks, both dry and wet. I ran the tip under the water facet for a second before I swiped it on my eyes and, when appiled wet, it creates a beautiful taupe foil effect that is intense yet not garish (probably due to the rather neutral, earthtone shade of this shadow). If you work quickly, it's pretty easy to blend out with your fingers as well.  Overall, I'm very pleased with this purchase.

So have you hit up your local Rite Aid to take advantage of these markdowns? Do you own any HIP Pigment Sticks? What shades do you like? I'm tempted to go back and pick up another--maybe the green one?  I'd love to know what you think of these if you own some!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I own the loreal sticks they are diffcult to apply on the eyes but I will defintely try it with water. I like the crayons better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to rite aid I go! Thanks for keeping me informed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ive never seen this product before and it looks like my favorite eyeshadow.. which is the taupey color in the HiP shadow duo "sassy".. id love to see it on !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pigment sticks. They're really great wet as a base. I use homemade mixing medium with them and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that shade, I completely forgot about those shadesticks being available. I really like the Nyx crayons so I may like the HIP onea. Will have to try them

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome buy!!
    I have heard the pigment sticks
    are hard in texture to apply,there are tutorials on U Tube on how to grind these sticks to powder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does anyone know if L'oreal Voluminous mascara is on clearance anywhere? Please please let me know!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I'll definitely have to try to get out to rite aid for one of those!

    Oh, and I wanted to tell you that my Savemart just redid their Jordana display and they have lots of new nail polish colors, the newer eyeshadows in the round pots (SO much better than the ones in the black packaging), and some new lip products, including some cute bright lip glosses and sheer lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Loreal $1 coupon is back on redplum. I say it's back because I haven't seen it in a while.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig