Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Is this too good to be true?

How does the thought of free next-day shipping on thousands of household products (including beauty products) with prices that are 25% less than drugstore sound to you? Too good to be true? That's what I thought when I saw this article on Happi.com about the new site, soap.com, that's about to launch. Check this out:


Quidsi, parent company of Diapers.com, has released details about its bold new retail site, Soap.com, which is set to launch in early July.

Soap.com will feature more than 25,000 items and 900 brands across the health, beauty, personal care and household categories, and will offer free shipping and next-day delivery to most of the U.S.

According to the Jersey City, NJ based e-commerce company, Soap.com will offer more than 40,000 products by the end of 2010 and 100,000 by the end of 2011.

At the site, consumers will be able to get basic items like soap to harder-to-find items including specialty moisturizer. In addition, Soap.com will offer next-day delivery for most of the country, with free shipping, and at prices that are up to 25% less than those in most drugstores, according to the company.

"We believe Soap.com has the potential to change the way people shop for everyday essentials in a way that offers consumers delight," said Jodi Allen, vice president North America Baby Care, Procter & Gamble. "We look forward to offering consumers such an easy and convenient way to buy the P&G products they love."

What do you think? I followed soap.com on Twitter so that I can be ready to investigate once this site goes live in July.  If you're curious, follow them on Twitter too, and we can see for ourselves what they have to offer.

In the meantime, are you curious about soap.com? I'm worried that the "free shipping with next-day delivery" will have certain conditions like minimum purchase amounts, etc. but we'll see. Wouldn't it be great if it was free, next-day shipping all the time with no strings attached?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. There's another similar site to this, alice.com - free ship with 6 items purchased and discounted household and beauty items. I posted about them a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...I may never have to go to Walmart again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like heaven! I just wish I could start shopping now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I can't wait to see this site!
    The company is literally a forty minute drive from my house, and I haven't even heard about this. :/ haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JT: That's right! I forgot about Alice.com! Thanks for the reminder. :)

    JenJen: I know, right?? :D

    PCS: Haha! Yep, I wish I could give it a try RIGHT NOW! :)

    casey aimee: Seriously? Wow! Well, we've only got a few more weeks to see what it's all about it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig