Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, May 22, 2010

My current wishlist...

Hello everyone!  I was able to steal a few moments on a (working) computer so you know I had to write a quick post!

I hope everyone's enjoying their weekend--I realized while not having computer access lately that, despite my ever-growing beauty stash, there are still some budget-friendly products that I don't own but REALLY want to have in my possession. So here's my current wishlist, if you're curious:

1) The lovely Gaby (who gave me the idea to make a wishlist) has me drooling over the newest EOS lip balm flavor, Lemon Drop. I want! I need!

2) Cynthia over at A Blonde Obsession showed us the newest Maybelline LE collection, Salsa Sun, a while back and I can't get these eyeshadow palettes out of my head now. Nowhere in San Diego (to my knowledge) has this display yet, darnit. Have you seen it in your area?

3) After I spotted the newest line from Finesse at my Rite Aid a while back, I haven't been able to get these new shampoos and conditioners out of my mind. 

Finesse ReVitality Hydrate & Recover Shampoo and Conditioner

These new formulas contain CoQ10, collagen and antioxidants to repair dry hair. I am ALL about that. Plus, the always awesome ShakeupYourMakeup said she's been using these new products and loves them, so I neeed to try them for myself (as soon as I spot a sale I think they'll be MINE).

4) One of the new Wet n Wild LE baked blushes.  I've seen so many bloggers talk about both the new baked blushes and eyeshadow singles and it's about time I got one in my hot little hands! But, I haven't seen the LE Color Icon Baked shadow and blush display anywhere in my area yet. Have you?  Heck, it took forever for me to see the LE eyeshadow quads in my area, so who knows when I'll finally see the baked stuff.

5) Here's one that might shock you: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I have heard SO many of you talk about how this is THE powder for oily-skinned gals.  Can you believe I've never tried it? I don't know what's stopping me (maybe the price) but I think I need to wait for a 40% off sale and finally see what all the buzz is about.  Are you in love with this power? Am I the last oily-skinned gal on the planet who has yet to experience its magical powers?

What's on YOUR current wishlist?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. YES! I love the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder! It works pretty well for controlling my oil! Get it! I, myself, picked up two of these for $1.50 each at my Big Lots at the end of last year! =]

    I've seen the Maybelline Salsa Sun collection in practically every drugstore where I am, but not an inkling of the Wet N Wild Baked collection, which is the collection of the two I really want. =[

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the lemon drop EOS too! I have summer fruit and honeysuckle and 2 vanilla tubes. FYI last wk's coupon insert had a coupon for $1 off finesse AND a Mail in rebate for up to $3 =)

    I really like the dream matte powder, my only dislike is the swivel opening....neat idea yes, the execution..not so much.

    You make me want the LE Maybelline line.

    As for my wishlist:

    1. St Ives green tea scrub and cleanser line, I hear its great for oily skin and reduces redness, I need both =)

    2. Hidden treasure. I should have joined your giveaway, oh well, def. want to see what the hype is. I read somewhere that someone found bottles at their walmart for $1. Might have been a fluke..lol, I was there today and totally forgot to look!

    3. Dream Matte mouse concealer. I've heard great things about it, just waiting for a good sale.

    4. Pretty much all the UD 24/7 liner dupes you've been talking about. I <3 dupes!

    5. Goody spin pin: I saw a commercial and it's supposed to take the place of 20 bobby pins. You only need one to secure a bun or almost any updo...sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen the maybelliine matte powder, but I did see Hard Candy has their own Matte Powder.

    The Sun Salsa I've seen it at Walgreens and Ulta.

    I am dying to see the Wet and Wild Collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Maybelline Dream Matt Powders! :) My one cracked so I just blot it on my face like its a loose powder and that seems to work better than it being a pressed powder. I want the new Wet & Wild Collection so badly!

    I'm going shopping soon, looking for new hair care products and hair tools for myself and the kids. :) Moving to Alabama so preparing for the harsh humidity that will destroy our curls. I have an idea of what I want, but of course I have to take my time and look through everything including the clearance sections! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. im not oily but love the dream matte powder..as mentioned above the swivel compact is annoying but not that big of a deal . the eos lemon drop sounds delish.. i dont own any of the eos balms ! ive been dying to get a coral lipstick because they are so pretty but i never wear lipstick so any suggestions ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like everyone else I'm excited for the WnW collection, and I'm also interested in the Maybelline Salsa collection. I have lots of beauty wants...but I am holding of on spending money...if I had lots of money I would jump on the Hidden Treasure wagon, and ofcourse I would get some of those WnW baked blushes. Keep us posted if you see them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new wet n wild collection is called Solar Heat. To see what the display looks like, check out this ebay listing I found.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/MARKWINS-WET-AND-WILD-SOLAR-HEAT-EYE-SHADOW-BONUS-/280509110304

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the Salsa Sun display at my local CVS and snapped a photo of it with my phone and emailed it to you one Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salsa Sun has been at my local Walgreens for months now! I am really wanting to see the new WnW shadow, blushes, and nail polishes, but no luck yet. I saw at CVS that the Maybelline Falsies mascara is finally out in the US, but it's $15! I can't pay that much for a drugstore mascara! I'd need some major coupons for that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone told me that CVS sells a rubber facial scrubbie brush from Essense of Beauty - kind of similar to the one that is sold in that other facial soap. I think it's around $1.
    I'd like to get over there and try and find it since I don't want to buy the one with the facial soap attached.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have seen the salsa sun collection but I'm not keen on trying it. I own the dream matte powder and I like it to control my oily nose, and there is a 40% off sale on Maybelline at Rite Aid soon, I think the week after this next one! I have not even heard of WnW coming out with baked blushes! I want too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the Maybelline Dream Matte powder. I bought one about 2 months ago and I already hit pan. It is amazing. Leaves my skin looking and feeling soft and great for hours. I guess I'll post some pics anytime soon.

    After trying this powder I'm not sure I will get a new MAC SF powder because although the Dream Matte powder is not as pigmented as the MAC one, the truth is that's one of the things I like about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have sooo much on my wishlist..

    But i did see some sun salsa displays as cvs in clairemont, the one near tj maxx if u wanna check it out. Idk about other places but ill let you know if i see it anywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. -Cover Girl Volume Exact
    -Chapstick Fresh Effects LipBalm Mandarin
    -Hawiian Tropic Creme Lotion SPF 50
    -LA Girl Calium Nail Builder
    -China Glaze (the entire core collection)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig