Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 22, 2010

Huge CVS news (crazy sales, deals and new products--pic heavy!)

CVS lovers, this is one of the craziest posts I've ever written about the sales, deals and new products I've encountered, so be warned that this post is long but packed with info! It's probably not a post you want to casually skim over because you might miss something that could be important to you, and I would NEVER want you miss out on these types of deals! So take a minute and try to read through it if you've got a CVS in your area. Consider yourself warned!

First: If your CVS sells Boots products, get over to your nearest location ASAP because look what I saw yesterday:


ALL BOOTS PRODUCTS ARE NOW 90% OFF! Remember last week when I was freaking out because the entire Boots display at my CVS was 75% off? Well most products (as you can see in this pic) are gone now, and they've condensed what was originally four shelves worth of products into ONE shelf and it's ALL 90% off! But here's the strange part--I went to another CVS location this weekend and their Boots display was still 75% off (with a much better selection still available) so CVS must be leaving it up to the individual stores as to when to slash the discount from 75% to 90%.

Anyway, I couldn't resist and purchased a few things that I'd like to share with you in case you want to take advantage of this CRAZY deal:

Clockwise from top left: Stay Perfect Lipstick in Under the Sun, Moisture Drench Lipsticks in Chic, Sugar Plum and Plum Beautiful (Retail price for all lipsticks: $9.99 each. Sale price: 99 CENTS EACH)

Can you believe I got these for 99 cents each when the normal price is $9.99?? Yeah, me either! I took a huge leap of faith with these shades because they were sealed and no testers were available, but I'm delighted to say that the colors are all very wearable, so I wanted to show you some swatches in case you see these at your CVS and want to take advantage of this deal:



From left to right in all three pics: Chic, Plum Beautiful, Sugar Plum and Under the Sun

I also snagged a bottle of nail polish and, even though it wasn't on sale, I finally found a bottle of NYC Starry Silver Glitter, which is always out of stock at my local drugstores:

Boots No 7 Speed Dry Nail Colour in Rendezvous (retail price: $4.99, sale price 50 CENTS) , NYC Long Wear Nail Enamel in Starry Silver Glitter (retail price: 99 cents)

The Boots shade is just so pretty in person--it's a pinkish coral with gold shimmer. I just can't believe it was 50 cents! OK, we've got lots of ground to cover so moving on....

Would you like CVS to actually PAY YOU to try their new hair care products? Sounds good, right? Well here's how I actually ended up MAKING money!

When I first walk into CVS, I immediately like to play the "CVS Slot Machine". You know what I'm talking about, right? You run your CVS card under the little red scanner box and it shoots out coupons for you to use during your shopping trip. I've realized over time that they use an algorithm to determine what types of coupons they give you, based on your past purchases. So the more you use your CVS card, the better your coupons are going to get (meaning, they're going to be for things you'd probably already want to buy). It's sort of like how after you rate a bunch of movies on Netflix, the movies they recommend to you start getting better and better.

So anyway, I played the CVS Slot Machine yesterday and what did it shoot out for me? A candy coupon and a haircare coupon. LOL! But here's the thing--this particular haircare coupon was for $1 off any CVS brand haircare product. So luckily, I remembered that the new Bioluxe haircare is actually a CVS house brand, and that it's BOGO free this week. But that's not all...

I walked up to the Bioluxe display (FYI, if you haven't seen these yet, they look like they're dupes of Matrix Biolage products) and I see these little green tags on the conditioner bottles. CVS is offering customers a Visa Gift Card in the amount of $9.99 when you buy a Bioluxe conditioner!

Bioluxe Polishing Shampoo and Polishing Conditioner (retail: $9.99 each, 15.5 oz)


I love how right on the card it basically says, you'll get the gift card in 2-4 weeks, but if you DON'T, here's a direct number you can call. CVS, I tip my hat to you for that, because as many of us know, rebates sometimes take forever to get when they're from the manufacturer (I'm STILL waiting for my Organix shampoo and conditioners rebates from FOUR YEARS AGO! Organix, you suck if you're reading this because I know a lot of people who never got those rebates). So anyway, I commend you, CVS, for giving us a direct number to call if we don't see our Visa Gift Card after one month!

So if you didn't already do the math in your head, let me break this down for you: Bioluxe products retail for $9.99. This week they're BOGOF and also offering a $9.99 Visa Gift Card as a rebate for the conditioner. Plus, I had a coupon to take $1 off any CVS haircare product. So the total cost for me to try full size (15.5 oz bottles of shampoo and conditioner) Bioluxe products? NADA. ZERO. In fact, I MADE a dollar! CVS actually paid me $1 to try their new products. Whoo hoo!!! (Note: When I enthusiastically said to the cashier yesterday, "Hey, you're PAYING me to try this!" she didn't find it too funny. Oh well.)

So get over to CVS right away if you want to try Bioluxe, because even if you don't MAKE money like me, at the very least you'll end up getting a full size shampoo and conditioner for FREE!

Next: I spotted some new products to share with you!

Rimmel Lasting Finish Blushes (retail: $4.99)

I thought it was interesting that just two of the shades in this new collection have three strips of colors in the compact (sorry for the blurry pic):


You can't tell in this pic but the middle shade in each compact is shimmery while the outer shades are matte. Anyone try these yet?

Next, one of my lovely readers, Jakeline, informed me last week that CVS is now making their own lip products! I searched and searched and finally found the display in the SKINCARE aisle. Duh! I had been looking in the makeup aisle so no wonder I couldn't find it. Anyway, here it is:
Focus on Lips Collection, by CVS

As you can see, this range features a variety of products for plumping, exfoliating, moisturizing and wrinkle-reducing. The products vary in price from $5.99 to $9.99 so they're not cheap. But I have to say I'm captivated by the little mini lip version of the Scrublet (see pic on the far left). Also, from what I can tell, these look to be paraben-free (at least the two or three boxes I looked at were paraben-free).

Next, I spotted some new CVS generic versions of popular skincare products I wanted to share with you. CVS seems to be REALLY stepping up their game with generic versions of beloved products these days and I can't wait to try some of these:

CVS version of Neutrogena Wave (and refills)

CVS version of various RoC skincare products

CVS version of various Garnier skincare products, including a new version of the Garnier Anti-Puff Eye Roller

CVS version of Aveeno skincare products, including new verisons of Aveeno cleansers and moisturizers

WHEW! I feel like I have to take a nap after this post! I think that's it for now, but the moral of this story is, get your booties over to CVS and see if you can spot any of these deals/sales/new products if you're interested in anything I've shown you here today. And of course come back and let me know what you scored!

Oh, I almost forgot!! The infamous CVS beauty clearance is STILL going strong, and I was able to snag just one more of those wonderful Physician's Formula Oraganic Wear Superfruit Lip Glosses in a color that I that's been sold out everywhere (but miraculously was still in stock at a CVS I rarely visit):

Physicians Formula Organic Wear Superfruit Lip Gloss in Super Rose (retail: $7.99, CVS sale price: $1.99)

OK, that's it for now (really). For anyone who's keeping score, I spent $6.50 this weekend and snagged full size bottles of shampoo, conditioner, four lipsticks, two nail polishes and a tube of lip gloss. Not bad! As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Aw! I just snagged two of the Boots products yesterday at 75% off. If I knew they were going down to 90 I would have waited. I got of the long lasting lippies in Bare, almost got Under the Sun, but I liked the color of Bare on the sticker a little better... too bad it looks kinda goofy on my lips by itself. I tried it over concealer and it does look better... Its one I'm gonna have to play with I think.

    I almost grabbed one of the Rimmel Blushes too, but I couldn't decided which and I couldn't justify more than one lol I like the ones you pointed out with 3 diff colors though... maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg this is so tempting! lol. i might have to go to my cvs tomorrow and check out some of their generic products. i would love to see if their version of aveeno's calming moisturizer is any good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know that NYC bottle is still around, since NYC changed their bottle design. Starry Silver Glitter is an oldie but goodie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why oh whyyy is nothing ever that cheap in england! it makes me so sad! :( x cute buys tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It makes me so sad that there is no CVS in my state that carries Boots! However a lot of the Boots stuff in my local Target was also on clearance. The eyeshadow singles were marked down to $2, the cream highlighter to $3.25, translucent powder to $4, and a bunch of face creams (I got several to try). Sadly only one lipstick and a few glosses were on clearance. Must be time for the spring restock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aedd: Awww, I'm sorry you bought yours for 75% off but the good thing is, once these hit 90% off in your area, you probably won't see a good selection, so be happy you got the colors you got when you did! :D And if you get a Rimmel blush, please review it, ok? I'm so curious if they're better than the old ones!

    Giselle: I would LOVE to know what you think of these generic Aveeno products if you try any! Please keep me posted, ok? :)

    H: OK, this must be a Canadian thing because, as far as I know, the regular NYC polishes have not been redesigned! In my area, they're all still in the same bottles (alongside the In a New York Minute quick-dry polishes). What do the new bottles look like???

    Jane: Oooh, I'm so sorry about that! But the advantage you have is that you have SOOO many more Boots products to choose from, obviously! LOL! :)

    Megan: Darn. I seriously thought that at this point, CVS was *everywhere* in the US. I'm sorry you don't have one in your state. :( But thanks SO much for the heads-up about Target! I had no idea they were on clearance there as well, which further supports that theory that Boots is getting a makeover (at least here in the US). Thanks so much for that info! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous! I just checked my CVS stores and none of them carry Boots! I <3 Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie: Aw man, that is a bummer! I'm sorry to hear that. But did you see the comment above from Megan about how Target now has a lot of Boots on clearance too? You might want to get yourself over to your nearest Target and see what you can find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl I swear if I dnt read your blog, I dnt know anything about them drugstore deals, but this CVS slot machine thingy, is it the same machine that checks the price of your items? if so I didn't know I could scan my card their and it print out coupons... lemme kno cause I will be taking a trip there. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish we had a CVS store here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I...think...I...love you, Recessionista!!! THANKS SO MUCH for these great updates! I never scan my CVS card, so I should definitely start doing that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the shoutout girl! i feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had a trip planned for CVS on Wednesday for quite some time! Woo hoo! I'm in need (or want, whatever) of some things, so I soooo look forward to walking through their doors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just curious... I just used a coupon this weekend that gave me 4% instead of the usual 2% on CVS brand products... I'm assuming that would include all the highend knockoffs that CVS is now offering? Hmmmmm..... could be a way to get major rewards this quarter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your site. Thanks for all the info. I didn't know you could scan your card and get coupons before you shop either! I was wondering if you know whether the Boots blush works on oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the Boots tip! I ran to CVS tonight, but must've missed that one! I bought some bread today at CVS and my receipt printed with a $5 off of $15 so I went back tonight hoping to score the Bioluxe deal, but none of the bottles at my CVS had the Visa card offer. But, what made my day was scoring the L'Oreal HIP creme liners on sale this week for $5!!!! The Kohl eyeliners are also on sale for same price, and on top of that I used a $3 manufacturer coupon. I picked up some other items, and was able to use the $5 off of $15 also so pretty good trip. Must go back and see if the 90% off Boots is in effect at my nearby CVSes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My CVS near me suck. AFAIK, they don't stock Boots, I know Target carries though. I will check it out on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. rayqueenbee: lol!! Yes, the red scanner box that's usually near the entrance of the store is the one that you can use to scan your card and get your coupons. Good luck and let me know if it worked for you, ok? :)

    K.Lo: Awww, I'm so sorry that you don't. :(

    Rita: LOL!!! Well, I love ya right back, honey! :) And yes, definitely start scanning your card! You never know what you might find! :)

    Jakeline: You are so welcome! And thanks again for letting me know about that new line! xo

    Ashley: Oooh, keep me posted and let me know what you get, ok? Good luck! :)

    chickadee: I would think that it would definitely work, as long as your coupon was for any CVS brand products. How cool!! Keep me posted, ok? :)

    lisarene2U: I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog! Thank you! And you know what? I have never actually tried a Boots blush, so I have no idea how they work on oily skin. Sorry! :(

    Lily: Oh man, what a bummer about Bioluxe! :( But at least you got some great HiP stuff, and YAY for working those coupons, girlie! Congrats! :)

    Anon: lol! I'm sorry about that, sweetie. But definitely check Target! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are actually four of those striped Rimmel blushes:
    spring flower, summer fever, autumn catwalk, and winter glow. I snagged all four of them at Kmart. And all them of them have some degree of shimmer. I love the "just in from playing in the snow" look of winter glow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never got my Organix rebate back either, those little liars! :-( I have seen Boots at my local target but I havent even payed any attention to it. I dont even know if they carry it at my local CVS.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig