Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A quick update...

Hello my lovely readers! I just wanted to give you a quick update about a few things...

1) I am very behind on responding to comments but please know that I WILL respond to them (and I thank everyone who took the time to comment on The Eraser review--it means so much to me that you found that review helpful!). The reason I'm behind on responding to comments is because my boyfriend came down with a nasty case of food poisoning, which hit him in the middle of the night last night. If you've ever had food poisoning, you know that it's horrendous for about 24 hours, so thankfully he's finally starting to return to normal but it was pure torture watching him go through that all night and all of today. I'm pretty much a zombie right now because I got no sleep at all last night.  BUT, I'll be back to my regular blogging schedule tomorrow and I hope to be caught up with comments as well!

2) If you have emailed me within the past few months and have not received a response--I apologize from the bottom of my heart and please know I WILL email you back. I love receiving emails from you and I love responding, so I apologize for the delay. My Best of '09 Giveaway Extravaganza required a lot of time and work so that's how I got so behind in emails in general. I hope you understand!

3) I have not been to Walgreens yet to see for myself what kinds of products they're putting on clearance, but my goal is get to over there before the week is over, so stay tuned for a report! And of course if YOU have been to Walgreens and seen the deals, please leave a comment on this post and fill us in. Please!

4) If you've going to check out the clearance deals at your CVS, DON'T FORGET to print out some L'Oreal coupons before you go! Click here to check out the online coupons on CVS.com. On page 8, you will find $1 coupons for L'Oreal face, eye, and lip products. As one of my lovely readers pointed out, if you use this in combination with the clearance items, you can get some L'Oreal products for free or almost free, depending on the sale price! I am kicking myself for having these coupons in my wallet yesterday and NOT using them when I made my purchase. Had I remembered to use them, I could have gotten that HiP eyeshadow duo for 99 cents instead of $1.99 and the lipstick for $1.25 instead of $2.25. Darnit! I guess that means I have to go back to CVS and make another purchase, right? I mean, how can I let a good coupon go to waste? ;-)

5) Also in the CVS.com coupon section, there is a new coupon they just posted for $2.50 off Aveeno Haircare. The Aveeno Nourish+ Moisturize Shampoo is my 2009 Cheapie Award winner for Best Shampoo. If you've got dry/color-treated/damaged hair, I think you might really like this shampoo so be sure to print out that coupon if you're interested. Oh and they also just posted a $2 off coupon for any Clean & Clear product, so if you've been interested in getting my 2009 Cheapie Award winner for Best Facial Cleanser, Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser, now's your chance to snag one!

That's it for now, but please check back tomorrow because I'm working on a few reader-requested product reviews that I hope you'll find interesting. I'm off to feed the boyfriend some plain white rice and water now...poor thing!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I've found for those stores that carry it at CVS the Vichy & Clarke line has mostly been 50% off'd either in prep for discontinuing (most likely) or other... I love their stuff... I hope others might also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Walgreens today to check out the clearance sales and it could have just been one of my New Years Resolutions kicking in (not too buy makeup that is too similar to what I already have), but I honestly wasn't all that impressed by the selection. I saw some Rimmel, Physicians Formula, and Milani stuff on clearance but most of it was picked over.

    The CVS clearance sales you wrote about a couple of posts ago, however, was amazing! Thank you so much for the heads-up! I freaked out when I saw that the Revlon Matte line was on 75% off clearance, and picked up 2 of those (Fabulous Fig and Wine Not), and plan to go to my other local CVS to get some more shades. I just hope this doesn't mean they're being discontinued. I also picked up two of the Colorstay lipsticks after seeing that you liked them so much, and I really like the texture and pigmentation! I got the Blueberry Tone body wash you recommended as well since it was 3.99 on sale and came with a $2 CVS Extra Bucks reward. Clearly, your blog has impacted my spending habits (and I mean this as a compliment - I'm saving money here!). The makeup sales throughout the beauty department were just insane, and I'm surprised at the amount of self-control I was able to exercise. :] When I check out the other CVS I'm definitely bringing the Clean & Clear and L'Oreal coupons with me, along with my two $2 Extra Bucks coupons I've been carrying around! I can't wait to try out that Clean & Clear cleanser! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My office is located in the center of a golden trifecta; CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid all surround me. It's the little things that make you happy, right? :) I went over to Walgreens today on lunch and purchased: Rimmel shock gloss in Amp'd ($1.79), Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation in Ivory ($2.19), and Loreal Infallible Lip Color in Orchid ($3.19). From what I saw, the clearanced items were clearly marked with hot orange stickers. There was Loreal, but not HiP, lots of Rimmel, some Maybelline glosses, etc were clearanced. Good luck ladies! ~Liz~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I hope Mr. Boyfriend feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. get well soon Boyfriend!!! (and get some rest Recessionista!)

    i am trying to find a Walgreens but keep coming up empty. (it's all CVS and Riteaid around me.)

    however i have finally gotten the knack of applying the HiP paint eyeshadow and am experimenting with it as a base.

    incidentally i bought Maybelline's Superstay concealer around the same time you did (i wanted to try a new concealer that might be more cost-effective than my True Match one, in short.) and i also love it! it's rare that i have in posession one of your products because you cover so much of the new stuff, so that makes me feel clever. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. i went to both cvs and walgreens last night and i scored:

    walgreen's: a couple of SH salon nail polishes/top coats and some cuticle cream and CG clean fragrance free fdnt.

    cvs: lots of l'oreal lipsticks (all the "nudes" were on clearance), a few colour juices, volume shocking mascara, revlon matte lipstick in pink about it, a revlon nail polish in midnight affair, and a few maybelline shinylicious glosses (which didn't ring up at 50% which means i'm going back today, grrr). there was other stuff that i skipped, but if you want the full rundown just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ew, that sucks, hope your BF gets better quickly.

    I hit the Walgreens clearance pretty hard yesterday and I'm trying to remember what I saw...I focused mostly on nail stuff.

    I got a callus remover shaver thingy for like $2+, also a crystal lacross nail file for $2+. Many old SH Salons & Salon treatments were around $2. Those SH 10 day wear were $2 or under. A lot of Borghese were under $5 (which still seemed too expensive to me so I didn't get any). SH Nail Quenching Base Coat was like $1.50. A lot of the leftover Christmas gift sets were marked down. Those SH mini sets were a couple bucks. Bleh...I'm trying to remember but my brain, it fails me. I hope you can get to a Walgreens soon, mine was almost completely cleaned out. I was lucky to get what little I did.

    It's a great time of year for budget beauty buys, no?

    I haven't been around much commenting, I'm sorry. :-< I keep reading your posts via google reader, and for some reason that makes me not comment as much, LOL. I hope your new year is going okay. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hit up Walgreens yesterday and scored some Sally Hansen Top/Base coat and the Cuticle Oil for $1.98 each. There were a TON of other polishes (in all brands) on 'last chance clearance'-all under $2! Going to hit up CVS tonight and see what I can find!
    Hope your BF feels better soon (and that you can get some rest!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hit up CVS today and got some Rimmel Powder Blushes for 87 CENTS!! Also got Loreal HIP Cream Shadow Paint in Lofty for $2.99 and Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara for $1.79!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wonderful Walgreen employee that always helps me in cosmetics confirmed that W. will be having LOTS of products on clearance as they are getting ready for a new "set" in the makeup dept.All products are tagged w/a bright white & orange sticker-not hard to see as you go through the dept.Good luck to all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies! Thank you all for taking the time to list what you've been finding at your CVS and Walgreens locations. This helps SO much, not only for me, but for everyone who reads my blog. Now we all know exactly what to look for, and we can determine if it's worth our time to take a trip to the drugstore (for some of us, the drugstore is quite a drive, so this REALLY helps people to decide if it's worth the trip or not).

    I really can't thank you enough, and I also what to thank you for the well-wishes for my BF. He thanks you too! He is getting better and better by the day, and I am counting down the minutes until i can cook a hot, spicy meal for dinner again. Plain rice, noodles, bread, etc are getting old right now. lol! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig