Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 14, 2009

My RGB Nail Polish review on weheartthis (and some other reviews too)

I'm not sure if most you know this by now, but I am lucky enough to be part of a team of beauty product reviewers for one of my favorite websites in the entire world, we heart this.

Tyna and Stef, who run we heart this, occasionally send me some very nice high-end beauty products for testing and review, and sometimes I write the lead review (the actual post), while sometimes I write a supplemental review (the team of testers who do not write the main review leave their reviews in the comments).

Last week I was fortunate enough to be able to review an amazing nail polish, "Steel", by RGB. While this product doesn't fit the budget-friendly theme of Nouveau Cheap (retail: $14 per bottle), I wanted to mention it here because I know a lot of you are nail fanatics and, in case you're in the mood to splurge, I've got to say that the brush and the formula of RGB nail polish is outstanding. And look at this color:



Now if you notice some wear on my tips, let me tell you that this picture was taken after FIVE days of wearing this color (I used Orly Bonder base coat and Sally Hansen MegaShine top coat with two coats of Steel in between). Pretty incredible!

If you'd like to see the full review for RGB Nail Color (as well as my review, which is in the comments), click here.

And while I'm at it, here are a few of my other reviews for weheartthis, if you're interested!

(My reviews are in the comments section unless otherwise specified):

Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes

Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Facial Mask

Anastasia Beverly Hills (featured review)

Dr. Hauschka Cosmetics

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Everyday Minerals

Bobbi Brown Ivy League Collection

Dr. Hauschka Body Products

Kerastase Review

Creme de la Mer

Naked Body Care

e.l.f. Makeup (featured review)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These are some great reviews! I love weheartthis; how did you get into the review program? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOD. That polish is KILLER! I'm so jealous ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try the polish!, side note: I love THAT "steel" color. I've been addicted to a similar color I found at forever 21--I think its by LA colors. Its a whole lot cheaper, but I don't think it has the same staying power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JennBee: Thank you, sweetie! No big mystery behind how I became a reviewer--they asked me and it took me about 1.1 seconds to respond, "HECK YES!!!" lol. I love those two ladies so much! :)

    Amber! lol, thank you! And btw, I think this shade would look even better on your skin tone than it does on mine. You neeeed it. xoxo

    Sheila: You are the second person to tell me that F21 has a grey shade similar to this! I must check that out. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig