Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 15, 2009

My new favorite Revlon nail color



When I picked up Revlon "Not So Blue-berry" for $3.49 at Rite-Aid, I had no idea that it was a scented polish. So when I started applying it the other night, I freaked out a little bit because I smelled blueberries. At first I thought it was my hand soap I was smelling (B&BW Midnight Pomegranate) but then I realized it was the nail polish. I love it when you get an unexpected bonus!

No only does it smell like blueberries, but it's got to be one of the prettiest drugstore colors I've seen in a long time. It's a periwinkle blueish violet with silver shimmer that is SO amazing in the sunlight. And surprisingly, it goes with all of the clothes I've been wearing for the past few days.

I love the scent so much that I haven't been able to bring myself to put on a top coat for two days. Usually I don't like the smell of scented polishes because they tend to have that awful synthetic fruit scent, but this one really does smell like sweet, tart berries once the polish dries. And without a top coat the scent lasts a long time (three days for me so far). Fun!
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love that color, R. Scented nail polish is crazy. I had a grape one a long time ago, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey T--I'm so glad I'm not alone in my love for this color. I loove how this one smells and I wish more of the scented polishes actually smelled like the thing they were imitating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color but the scent drove me crazy! I only wear it on my toes, now.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig