Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 23, 2009

I need your help with this shaving issue...


OK ladies, I need your help before I start to panic. If you're a fan of shaving your legs (as opposed to other forms of hair removal), what razor blade do you use? I have been a fan of the extremely old-school Gillette Trac II Plus for...well..forever. I like these because the hair on my legs is coarse (so weird since the hair on my head is fine) and even though this is a men's razor, and it's got two measly blades, it consistently gives me the closest shave I've even gotten (and I've tried many of the 3-blade and 4-blade razors).

But I've noticed that it's getting harder to find Gillette Trac II Plus blades lately and I'm so afraid they'll be phased out completely in the years to come. So tell me, what do you use, and why do you like it?

Big HUGE thanks in advance!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. i USE PERSONNA 3 FOR WOMEN DISPOSABLES. THEY ARE CHEAP AND WORK GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'll look for those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Gillette Sensor III and have found them to be the best. But it KILLS me to buy razors. They are SO out-of-control expensive.
    But for me, the key to getting a kick-ass shave depends more on the cream I use than the razor. And Aveeno shaving cream is the one and only best miracle shaving cream on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know...these new(er) razor blades are so expensive (I think that's partly why I'm fond of my old school 2-blade razor which costs only $11 for 10 replacement blades!). You know, I used to use Aveeno shaving cream before I discovered Kiss My Face Moisture Shave (I did a review of it here on my blog). Have you tried it? Anyway, I'll watch for a sale on the Sensor and give it a try. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got an awesome tip! They sell razor refills at the swap meet cheap, cheap, cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary! I had heard about this but every time I go to the swap meet I totally forget to check it out (maybe I'm distracted by all the cheap nail polish :). Thank you for reminding me! I am totally going to look for these the next time I'm here :) Have you purchased razors there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Gillette Fusion. I've tried sooo many razors and this is the only one that's kind to my legs and gives a smooth shave. And I buy my razor blade refills on eBay. Saves so much $$!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig