Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 15, 2009

Musings on Sinful Colors (aka: I need to buy a real camera)




Let me preface this by saying that the above pics were taken using my Blackberry camera, which just plain sucks. I apologize for that, but I think that some pictures are better than no pictures, and this is really just to give you a sense of what the product looks like so that you can locate it in a store, if you so choose.

That said, I'm on a nail polish kick right now and I'm absolutely in love with the brand Sinful Colors which can be found at Walgreens (in my area, this is the only retailer I've found to carry it). The bottles (which are full size) are only $1.99 a piece (this is the Walgreens price - the website sells them for $2.50 each) and they feature a huge assortment of colors including dupes of popular shades from other companies. Sinful Colors offers everything from the most extreme neon and glitter shades to the most neutral barely-there colors that you could hope for. And the formula is fantastic. I've had the above color on my nails for over a week and I have one tiny chip. The brush is on the narrow side, but that doesn't bother me because you can easily put a lot of polish on the brush due to the thickness of the formula (not too thick, but not so thin that you're returning to your bottle every two seconds for more polish).

"Subdued" is the shade I'm wearing in the photo and it's quite pretty for the days when you'd rather just wear clear gloss or maybe a hint of color. It's a matte, opaque color, which I like because, with sheer polishes, you need a lot of precision to avoid lines and streaks. For me, because I have no patience, an opaque but neutral color is the best of both worlds. My nails look clean and polished but it didn't take me hours to get there.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I LOVE THAT NAIL POLISH I HAVE TO PICK ONE UP EVERYTIME I GO INTO A WALGREENS... THEY ARE GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Anon! I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my Sinful Colors obsession :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig