Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 15, 2009

I might just make your day with this one...


If you are a fragrance junkie, or even just a casual admirer of fine perfume, allow me to introduce to you Scentiments.com. Now, there are plenty of discount perfume companies online, but this is my all-time favorite for the following reasons:

1) Excellent prices
2) Terrific selection (from time to time I've found killer deals on everything from obscure boutique fragrances to the more commonplace CK fragrances)
3) Excellent customer service
4) Fast shipping with reasonable shipping fees

But my FAVORITE thing about Scentiments.com (actually, I have two favorite things) is that they sell testers. If you don't care about the aesthetics of the packaging (bottle and box), you can get fresh, brand new product that is normally given to dept. stores to use at their counters for a FRACTION of the cost of a normal bottle. Here's a prime example that I just spotted today:

The retail price of Burberry Brit EDT (3.3 oz, the largest bottle they make) is $88 at Sephora (click to verify!).

At Scentiments.com, the exact same Burberry Brit EDT (3.3 oz) is $36.99 (click to verify!)

Now, if you're willing to deal with a plain, cardboard box and a bottle that doesn't have a cap (they ship them with a sturdy cardboard ring around the sprayer to protect it) then you can pay $29.99 at Scentiments.com for the exact same fragrance (3.3 oz), minus the frills. (click to verify!)

Why on earth would you pay full price?? Please!

My second favorite thing about Scentiments.com is their Clearance section, which is updated daily. I have found everything from my dad's favorite cologne to my favorite perfume from childhood in the clearance section for 60, 70, and 80% off the retail price.

Some great examples of items currently in the clearance section as of today:

Incanto DREAM by Salvatore Ferragamo (which was all the rage last year), 1.7 oz bottle

Retail price: $59
Scentiments price: $24.99

Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker, 3.4 oz bottle

Retail Price: $68
Scentiments price: $34.99

Scentiments should be your first stop when you're running low on your favorite fragrance. And if you don't have a favorite fragrance (but want one), go to a Sephora store and walk up to that giant, intimidating wall of fragrance and sniff around for while. When you find something you like, jot it down, go home and see if it's on Scentiments.com. Even if it's not there, check back because eventually it will probably be there and you'll get a steal. Did I mention they also sell makeup?

PS: If you want to see more posts about fragrances (one of my biggest passions), leave a comment here and let me know! If there is demand for this, I will even show you a picture of my personal stash, which is quite obscene :)
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Although most of the reviews of Scentiments.com on Epinions are positive, there are a number of reviews that say that the fragrances they purchased are not authentic. Have you ever encountered this problem with Scentiments.com? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig