Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, October 20, 2016

Coming November 1st (Hello Kitty's Birthday): ColourPop X Hello Kitty Collection

image source: wwd.com
Promotional image for the upcoming ColourPop x Hello Kitty collection

I posted about this briefly on my Instagram earlier today (thanks to a tip from reader @beautybydaisyweigt on Instagram), and now I have even more info for you, thanks to longtime contributor Marcy, who pointed me in the direction fn this article on wwd.com.

To celebrate the birthday of Hello Kitty on November 1st, Sanrio and ColourPop have teamed up on a new collab that I'm pretty sure many of us are going to want. The new ColourPop x Hello Kitty collection will be priced "from $5 to $42 with a Full-Face Kit containing three eye shadows, blush, highlighter and ColourPop’s signature matte and gloss lip items commanding the highest price, but perhaps becoming the most coveted offering in the bunch due to its variety and value."

A bit more info about some of the products in the collection as well as availability:
Several products developed by ColourPop and Sanrio such as Rainbow, a white eye-shadow shade infused with silver and pink glitter, Friendship File, a peachy beige eye-shadow option also with pink and silver glitter, and Surprise, a ruby metallic liquid lipstick, touch upon the shimmer trend that [Laura Nelson, president and founder of ColourPop] believes will be huge for the holidays. “All of the beautiful shimmer finishes really speak to the ColourPop customer as well as the Hello Kitty customer,” she said. “Nothing in the collection is too serious. We wanted to have a playful, fun and experiential element.” 
The products from ColourPop and Sanrio will be sold on ColourPop’s web site and nowhere else. Once the collection runs its course, it’s unlikely there will be a sequel following the holidays. Expounding on Sanrio’s approach to collaborations, [Jill Koch, senior vice president of brand management and marketing at Sanrio] said, “We are really strategic about categories we target and when those collaborations are launching. We never want to have too many on top of each other. We try to sprinkle them into the market and not do everything at once, and we want to give each collaboration its time to shine.”

Read the full article HERE

So let's hear it. Will you be stalking the ColourPop website on Halloween night, waiting for the moment this collection goes live?

Thanks again, Marcy and @beautybydaisyweigt, for the awesome tips!
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I can't wait. I'm so excited. I'm a huge HK fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love, love Hello Kitty so much, as my mom does too, I will be passing this. :( Colourpop's formula in eye shadows, blushes, highlighters dry out in a year if it's not used frequently. Especially in my rather huge makeup collection that I am trying to reduce at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only had that happen with one of my shades and it's because I didn't tightly close it. It still works and is blendable, but it's just not as buttery smooth.

      Delete
    2. I've had a large number of Colourpop eyeshadows for a year and a half and they haven't dried out. Google for ways to re-add moisture/repot them and you can rescue any of them that dry out on you and keep them going forever.

      Delete
  3. Love Hello Kitty, not so much Color Pop. Going to be passing this by. But still a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This collaboration sounds interesting... I will probably get this for my daughter, because the description of the shades do not sound like something I would personally rock...but who knows. LOL I do pray the PACKAGING has Hello Kitty colors and the photo or at least shilouette of Hello Kitty. I look forward to seeing it. THANK YOU FOR this article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I resist Hello, Kitty lippies!!!

    G, I just noticed your new banner. It's darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg I just want those shoes!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig